• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

drive over the denpr h2h question
10-09-2011, 07:51 PM,
drive over the denpr h2h question
I'm playing the smolensk h2h scenario 'drive over the dnepr'. I was planning on getting my 172nd division HQ across the river into hex 28,32. For some reason it's not allowing it to cross in T mode with full movement points. I know this hex contains swamp but does it not also contain a railway line?
I tested this on the non h2h scenario and it seems to allow motorised units across but not in my h2h version. Anyone know if this is an error, a bug or deliberate? Perhaps I'm missing something. It will mean I have to lose my HQ as no other crossings are left. Such is life I guess!
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2011, 11:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-09-2011, 11:20 PM by Mr Grumpy.)
RE: drive over the denpr h2h question
Well i just tried this and all was OK, are there any other units in 28,32 because the stacking limit for road (or rail in this case) through a marsh hex is only 400, so with the HQ being 100 men and the infantry unit in hex 28,32 being 350 you would be 50 over the stacking limit when you try to move the HQ unit through in T mode.

I had the same issue in my test, as soon as i released and moved the infantry unit away i was able to cross, i know the infantry unit is fixed which unless the German player gets a LOS to hex 28,43 will prevent you crossing or if the HQ unit (due to losses) shrinks down to 50 men. ;)

There are actually three versions of this scenario, the stock version, the XP2 pack version and the H2H version which is based on the XP2 pack version, you must have looked at the stock version which has no unit in 28,32.
10-09-2011, 11:22 PM,
RE: drive over the denpr h2h question
Ah, thanks Foul that's exactly it, silly me. The last turn my HQ got reduced to 25 men while in T mode and I was then able to cross, albeit a bit worse for wear!