• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Teangames-commitment
10-10-2011, 02:54 AM,
Teangames-commitment
Just had once cancelled due to etc etc if playing these remember its for the long haul for your team members and the opposition dont sign up if your not commited/IE quick and steady play required by all players.Granted sometimes family issues etc might delay a player but he can pass the turn on to a team member to stop holdup's.Anyone want to knife me in the back feel free but the members who organise these take a lot of time and effort to set them up.:angry:This is how they must feel.cheers
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2011, 05:28 AM,
RE: Teangames-commitment
Quite agree VL ! Had one team game where a spat broke out and then
had to find a new player.
It's best to create teams amongst friendly players that you've played
individually, you then know what commitment they have from past experience.
I wouldn't put off keen players though, their' choice and maybe they will get
individual games from the team game as well for the future?
10-10-2011, 05:58 AM,
(10-10-2011, 02:54 AM)Von Luck Wrote: Just had once cancelled due to etc etc if playing these remember its for the long haul for your team members and the opposition dont sign up if your not commited/IE quick and steady play required by all players.Granted sometimes family issues etc might delay a player but he can pass the turn on to a team member to stop holdup's.Anyone want to knife me in the back feel free but the members who organise these take a lot of time and effort to set them up.:angry:This is how they must feel.cheers

Hi guys,

I wonder if this post was a result of my post for a team game. I understand your concerns towards someone new to blitz like myself and DrArturius. We have both played for two years together before joining up. We are good friends as well. We can also both step in to cover for a partner in case needed. I know I am new to the club, but both of us played each other for two years with high level of commitment. As so far we had an opportunity to battle each other we wanted to see how can we fare when we play on the same side against human opponents. I would be equaly upset as any lon term member. To give one an idea over last two years me and DrArturius completed over 40 games with at least 20 turns scenarios. This is roughly 8 turns per week. Maybe not impresive but I feel enough for a team game and couple of 1 to 1 games. I can only say when I commit to something I make my utmost to comply. Obviously I cannot control if I suffer a nervous breakdown or something similar prohibiting to play. But I think I am in no worse a position than any long term blitz member. Wouldn't you agree?

Regards

cheers

Pawel

10-10-2011, 06:11 AM,
Pawel no not you mate sorry if you think so.Dont get me wrong some team games might be based on a turn a week agreed by all but in certain team games turns are asap unless as stated in my original post.
10-10-2011, 06:43 AM,
I would follow your lead Pawel.
No need to explain your intentions to others' views.
Do what you feel is right for you.
All respect to VL, he's just giving guidance but, end
of day go with what you feel is good.
10-10-2011, 08:54 AM,
Team games are not for me. I feel there is a bunch of bias there with inter-connected old long standing friends who have been working the CS system since 1998.

The first time I tried it I found later on in the game I was an outsider involved with five others who were good if not best of friends.

Basically after a time my opinion or suggestions didn't count. When the game was over and my side lost, someone from the opposite side had the tenacity to say that I wasn't invited to another, the next proposed team game because some of the things I said in defiance were not appropriate as voted by the players! Hmmm, strange that would come from the opposing side!? So be it...

Anyone in a team game who expects a fast turn rate, may as well live on Mars and I mean live on Mars.

Family, Children and work will always take first slot with me before playing a CS game and I think there is a lot of CS players out there that feel the same way.
Thanks for hearing me out and have a nice day!

Ivan the Big:smoke:
10-10-2011, 09:39 AM,
(10-10-2011, 08:54 AM)Ivan The Big Wrote: Team games are not for me. I feel there is a bunch of bias there with inter-connected old long standing friends who have been working the CS system since 1998.

The first time I tried it I found later on in the game I was an outsider involved with five others who were good if not best of friends.

Basically after a time my opinion or suggestions didn't count. When the game was over and my side lost, someone from the opposite side had the tenacity to say that I wasn't invited to another, the next proposed team game because some of the things I said in defiance were not appropriate as voted by the players! Hmmm, strange that would come from the opposing side!? So be it...

Anyone in a team game who expects a fast turn rate, may as well live on Mars and I mean live on Mars.

Family, Children and work will always take first slot with me before playing a CS game and I think there is a lot of CS players out there that feel the same way.
Thanks for hearing me out and have a nice day!

Ivan the Big:smoke:

Team games are not for everyone and I agree with you family etc come first.I disagree with the suggestion that team games have to be slow...I have played them in the past when we did 2 turns a day.....that's right a day not a week......I am currently playing one where we are doing about 1 turn per day.....of course there will be delays at times..........but the key to that is having the courtesy to inform the others of problems and if required have a team mate play the turn..poor turn rate is usually laziness or lack of commitment......or even worse lack of enough courtesy to either make other arrangements or get out or better yet follow your advice and just not play.........no insult intended just voicing my thots.......team games are fun if done right but they are not for everybody.

VE
I'll take a good team game anyday......I'll end a bad one fast :-)
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
10-11-2011, 02:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-11-2011, 02:17 AM by von Manstein.)
I've tried team game once, and I've liked it so much that in last 12 months all my games were team games (quite a lot with or against von Earlmann cheers and his scenarios :bow: ) or tournaments (if there where no tournaments it would be only team games). Currently I'm playing three team games.
10-11-2011, 05:15 AM,

Although I have yet to play a Team Game,other than online team games years ago,I am really enjoying these larger scenerio's,even after just loosing a full panther platoon to a Russian AA gun,man that was painful to watch first thing in the morning.I find I can do 2 large game turns every 7 to 10 days.More often when time allows.

For all you Canadian players,Happy Thanksgiving...

Dragoon
10-11-2011, 08:21 PM,
I suppose turn out depends much on the avaialbilty and the time zones. If you have 4 players available for 3h a day to pla, say in the evening about the same time you will not be able to do the good turn out. Because other although available have to wait. By the time one side finishes they turn the othe players availabilty window closes. In this way livin in a different time zones or having non overlapping ( as in time)availabilty slots helps good turn rate. Otherwise dedication on its own is not enough in the situation I just described

Pawel