• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Born from NGP '85
09-19-2011, 04:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-25-2011, 08:35 PM by Hans Boersma.)
Off Topic  Born from NGP '85
Mildly off-topic I suppose, but as this began a few years ago by picking up my brother's old soldier's handbook to see how it compared to NGP85's oob, it seems appropriate to post a message here to inform you gentlemen that I've started up a website on the organisation and order of battle of the armed forces of the Netherlands in 1985: www.orbat85.nl
It is a work in progress and pages will be added and updated over time.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-2011, 05:06 AM,
RE: Born from NGP '85
Great info, thank you Hans.
[Image: exercise.png]
09-19-2011, 04:59 PM,
If you can wait until end of september (I'm travelling right now) i can get you a list of Frigates, Submarines and other ships of the Dutch Navy.
09-20-2011, 05:56 AM,
(09-19-2011, 04:59 PM)P.Ako Wrote: If you can wait until end of september (I'm travelling right now) i can get you a list of Frigates, Submarines and other ships of the Dutch Navy.

Thank you mr. Ako, but I already have those — down to the smallest sloop (from Jane's as well as from the Navy's public yearbooks; Soviet naval intelligence had it easy!).
Send this user an email
09-22-2011, 06:03 AM,
(09-19-2011, 04:04 AM)Hans Boersma Wrote: Mildly off-topic I suppose, but as this began a few years ago by picking up my brother's old soldier's handbook to see how it compared to NGP85's oob, it seems appropriate to post a message here to inform you gentlemen that I've started up a website on the organisation and order of battle of the armed forces of the Netherlands in 1985. It is a work in progress and pages will be added and updated over time.

Hans, SUPERB! Thank you very much for taking the time to compile and post your Dutch OOB knowledge. Your effort has greatly assisted me in portraying the I (NE) Corps OOB circa June 1985 for an upcoming DF85 campaign mod.

I am very grateful for your research and your generosity in sharing it with us!

Regards,

Taffy
09-23-2011, 05:45 AM,
(09-22-2011, 06:03 AM)Taffy6 Wrote:
(09-19-2011, 04:04 AM)Hans Boersma Wrote: Mildly off-topic I suppose, but as this began a few years ago by picking up my brother's old soldier's handbook to see how it compared to NGP85's oob, it seems appropriate to post a message here to inform you gentlemen that I've started up a website on the organisation and order of battle of the armed forces of the Netherlands in 1985. It is a work in progress and pages will be added and updated over time.

Hans, SUPERB! Thank you very much for taking the time to compile and post your Dutch OOB knowledge. Your effort has greatly assisted me in portraying the I (NE) Corps OOB circa June 1985 for an upcoming DF85 campaign mod.

I am very grateful for your research and your generosity in sharing it with us!

Regards,

Taffy

Thanks Taffy. We aim to please. Let me know if you have any questions regarding the Dutch, and I'll see if I can help.

Cheers,

Hans
Send this user an email