• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Fanatical nations rule
09-23-2011, 05:49 PM,
RE: Fanatical nations rule
(09-21-2011, 09:05 AM)Philippe Wrote: And then there's always the Chaco War...

If there's room for Chaco war, there would be also room for some battles of the Spanish Civil war...
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2011, 11:40 PM,
Re jungle in the Smolensk game, I am sure that is simply a part of the updates applied to every game to bring them to the same level. That not only impacts the game engine itself, but every piece that is used by the game - so the pdt gets altered for new terrain, or new settings, those will be added to every game.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
09-24-2011, 12:14 AM,
I noticed that the Kursk map had two or three hexes of jungle terrain in it when I was modding it last year. I let people know about it and was told it would get adjusted in a subsequent patch. Haven't gone back to look to see if it was, but at least I developed a quick and easy method for finding this kind of glitch (replace the terrain type you're interested in with a blank hex in a violent, gaudy color).

Jungle terrain is just a particular spot on the terrain details bitmaps, and an entry or two in a pdt file. Like bocage, the concept is there to be developed if it's needed. Let's hope it will be. One obvious place for it would be Vietnam in the Modern Campaign series.

My Chaco War comment was partially tongue-in-cheek, though it's a very interesting situation. But it should probably be an extension of First World War Campaigns rather than Panzer Campaigns (and I'd much rather see the Kaiserschlacht, Verdun, Tannenburg, and Brusilov's offensive before Chaco). Spanish Civil War would be a great topic with lots of resonance, and wouldn't need jungle terrain. But it would need tapas.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.
09-24-2011, 05:32 AM,
(09-23-2011, 05:49 PM)P.Ako Wrote: If there's room for Chaco war, there would be also room for some battles of the Spanish Civil war...

There is a mod out there for the battle of the Jarama River, from the Spanish Civil War. It's a Kursk mod, IIRC. I have it at home. Don't recall where I got it from.
09-24-2011, 08:15 AM,
(09-24-2011, 05:32 AM)Liebchen Wrote:
(09-23-2011, 05:49 PM)P.Ako Wrote: If there's room for Chaco war, there would be also room for some battles of the Spanish Civil war...

There is a mod out there for the battle of the Jarama River, from the Spanish Civil War. It's a Kursk mod, IIRC. I have it at home. Don't recall where I got it from.

One of my (unfinished) projects was to get all of the files that Rich Hamilton had uploaded to Gamesquad -for SDC, the Jarama River mod was one of those (I sort of recall more than one version as well there... will have to check it). I think maybe they have it in the upload section here, as I thought I had originally downloaded it from here years before I had anything to do with SDC.

___

Wasn't aware of that Philippe (the Kursk thing), I don't know the answer either (if it is in there now). The blank hex technique that you were taling about is a good idea for any modder... I sort of had it happen by accident when I was playing around with the 2d zoom outs of the Modern Campaigns when it worked out that I had missed that there was some elevations missing that I needed a colour for. It applied to about 4 or 5 hexes total in the Sinai... so yes, I know what you mean :).

FWWC is VM's baby, whereas the PzC/MC are Glenn's... that being said, Korea '50, and something that has some Desert Storm '91 scenarios (among others)... I suppose something about the initial actions in Iraq 2003 would work (although I imagine as the Coalition player you'd be playing mostly against the turn counter than the opposition -similar to Ed's Compass '40 add-on).

Tapas are good - just make sure someone orders some marinated feta too :)

___

Yep Rick, I understand .. they add those in as part of the updates - for the same reason there are high altitude AA effects for BB AA in landlocked titles.

Bydand
Send this user an email
09-25-2011, 01:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-25-2011, 01:27 AM by Indragnir.)
Do you (the americans) know it as Jarama River battle? at Spain is called Jarama Valley battle (like the song).
FYI there're even an update on this campaign, version 1.01
09-25-2011, 06:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-25-2011, 06:52 AM by -72-.)
No, I was just going with the context of a prior member's post... I only actually remembered the Jarama part.

However, I do take issue with the American part ;). I happen to be as much Australian as I am American (maybe more). I got the papers to prove it too Big Grin.

It does show that eventually I have to get into the Download area and play around with titles in the PzC area... as I suspect that anything with a '%20% thing in its name will result in a broken link ... at any rate I did find 2 versions of Jarama in there one of which is probably the 1.01 version Indragnir mentioned. (I also have to add the descriptive text etc...).

http://hist-sdc.com/downloads/phcdownloa....php?id=48
Bydand
Send this user an email
09-25-2011, 09:23 AM,
Tough battle, really crude, with so light armament and scarce artillery, tanks and air support both sides fight so hard that left almost 20,000 casualties.
The Lincoln btl suffered so heavily that lost 66% of its starting number in one day.

There's a sad and beautiful song about it.

"There's a valley in Spain called Jarama
It's a place that we all know so well
It was there that we gave of our manhood
And so many of our brave comrades fell.

We are proud of the Lincoln Battalion
And the fight for Madrid that it made
There we fought like true sons of the people
As part of the Fifteenth Brigade.

Now we're far from that valley of sorrow
But its memory we ne'er will forget
So before we conclude this reunion
Let us stand to our glorious dead."
09-26-2011, 01:15 PM,
(09-25-2011, 01:25 AM)Indragnir Wrote: Do you (the americans) know it as Jarama River battle? at Spain is called Jarama Valley battle (like the song).
FYI there're even an update on this campaign, version 1.01

I just remembered it wrong, that's all.
06-09-2013, 05:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-09-2013, 05:46 AM by Xaver.)
First sorry to open again this but i dont want create a new thread when is this here.

Well, we dont know what is the mission for this rule but at least lets speculate a little hehehe.

I think that this rule is a generic rule to use in more than 1 nation... when i see this first i think in Japan and later in SS/Airborne/Ranger units this means that rule needs be enough generic to be used in more than 1 nation.

My idea for this rule:
Fanatic nations:

Must have
-Units never enter in broken status.
-Units never retreat when are assaulted, even when they are disrupted.

Other bonus:

-Units in disrupted status dont lose 50% of defensive value, for example A units lose 25%, B 30%, C 35%, D 40%, F 45% and no morale units lose 50% as non fanatic units.

-Maybe a bonus to made this units win slower fatigue??? maybe 5-10% less???

What do you think???

trauth116 you have a MP.