• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Fanatical nations rule
09-21-2011, 02:13 AM,
RE: Fanatical nations rule
(09-21-2011, 01:47 AM)Nitram Draw Wrote: Maybe it'll be similiar to the old Russian Beserker rule from Squad Leader.:)

If i remember correctly they were really tough to stop!! :eek1: :smoke:

Quote this message in a reply
09-21-2011, 03:17 AM,
(09-20-2011, 02:27 PM)Glenn Saunders Wrote: Future development - that is all I can say about this.

The japs are coming!
09-21-2011, 03:58 AM,
Or would probably apply to most SS in Russia say 43 onwards.I agree Japs in some games...

Would like to see a decent game on Berlin , has there ever been one?

cav
09-21-2011, 05:30 AM,
Fanatical fixed Japs, dug in in bunkers and caves. Sounds like something the AI could handle for non PBEM games...
09-21-2011, 06:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-21-2011, 06:23 AM by Bushido.)
We did get SeaLion, another what if could be Operation Olympic.

Another dream come through :)
09-21-2011, 07:41 AM,
(09-21-2011, 05:30 AM)FM WarB Wrote: Fanatical fixed Japs, dug in in bunkers and caves. Sounds like something the AI could handle for non PBEM games...

not really, isolate, fire thru the night, assault, rinse repeat-unless they got impassable hexes behind them or they cant be iso'd :)
09-21-2011, 08:33 AM,
Berlin '45?
Bydand
Send this user an email
09-21-2011, 08:35 AM,
The AI should be able to conduct banzai charges!
09-21-2011, 09:05 AM,
Berlin '45 is quite a subject, but would be a bit rough on the German player.

Back in the day there was a board game that covered the last months of the war, with one player playing the Soviets and the Germans on the Western Front, and the other playing the Western Allies and the Germans on the Eastern front. Scale was corps- and division-sized units and it worked quite well. I have trouble imagining that at the scale of Panzer Campaigns.

Olympic (or any of the late war island battles) could be a vehicle for fanaticism. But I still would rather see the Japanese blitzkrieg in Malaya leading up to the fall of Singapore, or the various phases of the fighting in Burma as a subject for taking Panzer Campaigns to the Pacific (the Soviet invasion of Manchuria might work, Khalkin Gol might work, and there were battles between the Japanese and Chinese that had enough movement and light tanks in them to be interesting).

And then there's always the Chaco War...
History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.
09-23-2011, 02:31 PM,
Philippe, I have to say that I hope you're right about Malaya ... I don't know what they have in store, although another of the threads here had me thinking about the PDTs -so I was looking through those for Smolensk today, and there is a 'Jungle' terrain listed. Maybe it's me, but I don't think I realised that was there.

Now, all things aside (and the fanatical nations thing appears to (according to the blurb in the what's new portion of the patches seem to indicate that it is effective on defence in assault combats.
Bydand
Send this user an email