• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Fanatical nations rule
06-09-2013, 09:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-09-2013, 09:03 AM by Liebchen.)
RE: Fanatical nations rule
(06-09-2013, 05:41 AM)Xaver Wrote: My idea for this rule:
Fanatic nations:

Must have
-Units never enter in broken status.
-Units never retreat when are assaulted, even when they are disrupted.

Other bonus:

-Units in disrupted status dont lose 50% of defensive value, for example A units lose 25%, B 30%, C 35%, D 40%, F 45% and no morale units lose 50% as non fanatic units.

-Maybe a bonus to made this units win slower fatigue??? maybe 5-10% less???

This is the existing rule:

Fanatical Nations

In certain games, one or more nations may be specified as being Fanatical. Units of Fanatical nations have two exceptions to the Assault rules.

First, Fanatical units do not surrender when assaulted and thus do not suffer the additional losses units that could not retreat normally suffer.

Second, Fanatical units do not retreat from Bunker and Pillbox hexes and when they lose as a result of being assaulted, remain in the hex with no additional losses.

-------------------
You think that they should be better quality, etc. for reason of their fanaticism? Isn't it the case that being fanatical is not the same as being elite?
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2013, 08:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-09-2013, 09:02 PM by Xaver.)
I am totally Propeller Hat i find now the info about the new feature in the last version user pdf, i think that search phanatical no fanatical :upset

Well, they have the obvious bonus of no surrender (first time i see this was in Steel Panthers, the special touch for Japan... a pro and a contra at same time) and great see that they dont suffer the extra casualties from disrupted units that cant retreat (i am now in a France 40 game and in 3 assault a german motorized battalion leave near 500 soldiers on France... the 3rd german battalion i doomed in battle in a kessel).

The non retreat... well, maybe i see better expand it to at least terrain that is not open, i think that fanatical (not PHANATICALLMAO) units are ready to use the minimal cover to try hold terrain... think for example in Guadalcanal, japanese attack and try hold terrain when they have a minimal cover (at least they are hide from enemy observation) this was over non prepared defenses... if they plan cover the Pacific not all the time Japan was on defensive, first part of war they attack and fanatical was here to...

I add the other bonus because i think that fanatical units compensate lack of quality with the "lack of fear", these units suffer less in a bad situation because they are less sensitive than non fanatical units, i explain better:

PzC only cover quality as unit value, you dont have experience, training and morale, this means that quality cover all these things, a fanatical unit for me can suffer from bad values in training/experience but we only cover one abstract value in game... then if you have a good fanatic unit for me is more powerfull than a bad fanatical unit, they have the training/experience to use all the power from his fanatic extra, this is why i see interesting add a bonus in the lose of defensive value (and maybe offensive value) for this units, units that have morale (F units limit) have a bonus in his defensive value is something interesting and you can expand it to offesive to, specially when i dont see a banzai/uraaaa rule.

I know that you can cover this using diferent values in assault/defensive and maybe this made a new bonus for fanatical units not necesary

Maybe something strange is dont see a banzai feature... bonus the assault value with a reduction in defensive value, maybe trade 50% assault bonus by 50% defensive malus.

Interesting see a red meatball... cant wait to see these Ikea meatballs defending from a horde of bigmac eaters Big Grin
06-11-2013, 05:01 AM,
Maybe after think more on it i see that if fanatic units can broke is not very representative, if they only stand in bunker/pillbox (i see this a good thing) at least out of this defensive works they cant break is necesary (and maybe to simulate banzai charges made that units with F-no morale cant be on disrupted status and they can do suicide assaults).