• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

EF team game
11-03-2011, 03:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-03-2011, 05:47 AM by Crossroads.)
RE: EF team game
It turned out to be the last day at the office for the German forward post... Men providing the firesupport can only bear witness to the fact.

[Image: tumblr_ll4csbYDBc1qz9tkeo1_500.jpg]

Time for plan B for Operation Zitadelle, General Schmidt realizes, while overseeing the WIA evacuation from front lines.

[Image: Leibstandarte+in+KURSK+TAKEN+A+RUSSIAN+PRISIONER]

cheers
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2011, 07:00 PM,
The attack on Rzhavets and Aleksandrovka by the 6th Panzer Division has become a fierce battle of stroke/counterstroke. Armor is burning across the steppe, on the hills, and in the towns...
[Image: battleofkurskpicturesww.jpg]
[Image: 005wp.jpg]
[Image: bundesarchivb145bildf01.jpg]

Tired German assault teams prepare for the Red onslaught in Rzhavets...
[Image: rzhavets.jpg]

The German attack has stalled in the face of heavy Soviet resistance...
11-04-2011, 05:22 AM,
Moving in the open while providing target range practice to hidden AT:s and crouching T-34s is surely no fun, as the men from the 19th Panzer Division would agree...

[Image: kursk_385]

Meanwhile, a young schutzen of name Friedrich Mercurich is writing down a tune he is sure is to become a classic. Show must go on! it is called.

cheers

PS No turn this time, just felt like posting a picture :smoke:

Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-04-2011, 03:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-04-2011, 03:39 PM by Death~Dealer.)
The fortunes of war change for the Germans defending Rzhavets. A surging Red Army counterattack, containing fresh reserves of men and tanks, destroy the shell shocked defenders of the North Donets river bridge...
[Image: t34catgunsvi.jpg]

Against direct orders, the commander of 6th Panzer division orders his men out of Rzhavets before it is too late...
[Image: 13698436se7cvr7b4vp6uos.jpg]

Some of the men were fortunate enough to have halftracks waiting to take them out of the inferno- some were not...
[Image: totenkopfssdivisionnazi.jpg]

11-05-2011, 07:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-05-2011, 07:08 PM by Crossroads.)
General Schmidt shouts words not reproducable in this forum as he receives order after order from German OKW to push on: "Prokhorovka must be attacked!"

"Prokhorovka? That's on another planet! I can't even make it to outskirts of that godforsaken town in front of me!"

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0xPkgBc2crSa4PQa3ZgS...sLnWbXE04Q]

The reports of a dozen or so T-34 platoons lurking on his left flank do not make him feel better.

[Image: Kursk+04+WWII+80-ww2shots.jpg]

Most of his Marders were wiped out this turn by them, he finds out.

[Image: kursk_001]
(Sorry, could not find any pictures from burning Marders)

"I should have had orders preparing me for a Verdun, not Blitzkrieg!" Alas, with a grunt of satisfaction, he orders his strong artillery attachment to remind Russians the fight is far from over from his battered division.

cheers
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-06-2011, 01:23 AM,
Nice pictures and interestin narrative of you game. I wish I had enough time to do the same for my team game :). Well at least I have enough time to enjoy playing and few minutes to spare to occasionaly look at your thread ;)

BTW, where do you get all those pictures from?
11-06-2011, 01:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-06-2011, 02:01 AM by Crossroads.)
Thanks Pawel cheers Pictures are from all over the internet, I ran a google picture search on Kursk and am linking picture url's to this page.

While at it, pls meet General Gustav (it seems rather than Rudi) Schmidt:

[Image: 217543d1312797716t-new-photo-pick-ups-pl..._final.jpg]
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-08-2011, 07:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-08-2011, 07:57 PM by Death~Dealer.)
The Tigers of 503. Schwere Panzer-Abteilung resupply in preparation for advancing Soviet armor at Rzhavets...
[Image: pwz4bemalhazas.jpg]
[Image: tigeric.jpg]

A surviving platoon of combat engineers from the 57th pioneer-Abteilung blew the bridge over the North Donets, buying time for their comrades. Soviet engineers on the other side share a smoke before beginning their arduous duties...
[Image: battleofkurskinpictures.jpg]
11-09-2011, 02:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-09-2011, 02:57 AM by Crossroads.)
T-34s... Hundreds of them... That's at least what the reports General Schmidt is receiving are telling him. "Can't be that many? Surely not?", he wonders in awe.

[Image: t34_2.jpg]

Meanwhile, the few surviving tanks of 19th Panzer Division try to put up a fight to fence the red tide of steel rolling over them.

[Image: 4533805382.jpg]

Failing at it, mostly...

[Image: kursk_&w=500&h=252&ei=mlu5TvXfPKPP4QSx7oyjCA&zoom=1]

[Image: pzkpfw%20iv%20h.jpg]
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-09-2011, 04:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-09-2011, 04:07 PM by Death~Dealer.)
Survivors of the 114th Panzergrenadier Regiment gather their forces...
[Image: retreatt.jpg]

Wounded are loaded onto passing tanks, expediting their delivery to the mobile aid station at Kazache...
[Image: ssmenhelpwoundedcomrade.jpg]

Tanks of the 11th Panzer Regiment passing troops as the head towards Kurakovka- a line of defense begins to form...
[Image: foto164g.jpg]

Not all was for naught in the campaign...the men do not plan to release the town of Kazache back to Ivan!