• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

EF team game
10-08-2011, 01:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-08-2011, 03:31 AM by Crossroads.)
RE: EF team game
Bridgehead!

[Image: incredible-war-images-ww2-second-world-w...os-009.jpg]

cheers
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2011, 06:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-09-2011, 07:35 PM by Crossroads.)
Turn 7 of 25, Northern flank.

The Russian rearguard units put up a determined fight to deny the German river crossing. After hard fighting the town is now clear of enemy units, who bravely fought to last man, spotting artillery, and being a general menace to my troops.

Heavy friendly and hostile artillery shelling has set the town on fire, with thick black smoke raising from the areas where the forces clashed together.

[Image: barbarossa-operation-second-world-war-ww...=500&h=334]

Time is of essence, got to keep moving!

cheers
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-16-2011, 06:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-16-2011, 06:56 PM by Crossroads.)
Only authentic Kursk pictures from now on...

Elements of The 19th Panzer Division start to slowly advance into open. Enemy trenches and IPs spotted all over the route of advance. The realisation starts to sink in: this will be no walk in the park, better keep your helmets on!

[Image: Battle_of_Kursk_7.jpg]

cheers
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-16-2011, 09:56 PM,
Good stuff Battle Kat......sort of makes the scenario come to life for me :-)

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
10-17-2011, 12:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-17-2011, 03:00 AM by Crossroads.)
Thanks! :) It is a fun way to finish my turn, trying to locate an authentic picture that has the feel of how the turn played out.

I will try to continue this on a balanced fashion. I have already found a nice bunch of great pictures, burning German steel included :chin:

So far, though, the spirit among my men is high!

PS For the casual reader: no, the bridgehead I got was not at Rzhavetz, a long way to go still! :kill:
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-19-2011, 04:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-19-2011, 04:49 AM by Crossroads.)
Lt. General Schmidt was not a happy camper. Whatever suprise factor Operation Zitadelle had enjoyed, it was now pretty clear the Russians were quite prepared for the coming German offensive. He had been told in no uncertain manner the slow advance the 19th Panzer had made after their river crossing will not do.

Onwards it is! The next mad dash advanced them some 2 kilometers, after which his men regrouped under the cover of the few patches of forest found there. After that, no more cover!

Worryingly, the first observations of strong T-34 formations were already coming in from other sectors. "Let them face them, they have Tigers...", was clearly what his men were quietly wishing for...

[Image: 5190850365_2396d8c8c1_m.jpg]

Apparently, the first Soviet reinforcements were arriving in numbers at the whereabouts of his next objective point.

[Image: 4072668218_86dd77a413_m.jpg]

cheers

Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-20-2011, 04:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-20-2011, 04:41 AM by Crossroads.)
Lt General Schmidt's bad day turned into worse as he reserved reports a full Soviet tank brigade appeared out of blue sky, hitting his force hard on his unexpecting left flank!

[Image: battle-of-kursk_wa.jpg]

The landsers quickly unmounted their rides and continued forward. Lots of fallen comrades to avenge!

[Image: wehrmacht-german-soldiers-ww2-second-wor...es-013.jpg]

Meanwhile, General Schmidt was studying his map, worriedly. Lots of clicks to advance before he would be anywhere even close to road towards Prohorovka...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-20-2011, 04:01 PM,
Men of the 114th Panzergrenadier Regiment advancing on Russian positions west of Aleksandrova...

[Image: germaninfantrykursk.jpg]
10-21-2011, 06:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-27-2011, 06:38 PM by Death~Dealer.)
Assault guns of the 228th Sturmgeshutz-Abteilung move onto the battlefield near...um...well, can't make that public knowledge at this time-
[Image: kursk148.jpg]
10-21-2011, 11:44 PM,
I have nothing to do with your teamgame, but I'm finding the thread fascinating. Great pics!

cheers

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email