• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New George Nipe book publication date
01-01-2011, 02:00 AM,
c_Question Mark  New George Nipe book publication date
Has anyone heard or seen anything regarding the release of George Nipe's book "Blood, Myth and Steel: The II SS Panzerkorps and the road to Prochorowka". I saw something on another message board (I think that it was Feldgrau) that said that the book is supposed to be released in January 2011. The book was supposed to be published at the end of August, then it got put back to the end of November. There was nothing on the RZM page the last time that I looked.

Just wondering & Happy New Year to all...cheers
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2011, 03:09 AM,
RE: New George Nipe book publication date
Amazon has it as May, which is this month, but no specific date in May ... I sense another push back for the release ...
05-05-2011, 04:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-05-2011, 05:00 PM by Gasbag.)
(05-04-2011, 03:09 AM)Abn Air Cav Wrote: Amazon has it as May, which is this month, but no specific date in May ... I sense another push back for the release ...

I checked Stone & Stone (military books) a few months back and they said that it was scheduled for release this month (May) but I'm not holding my breath...:(
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
05-06-2011, 05:44 AM,
I just checked Amazon & they're selling it (through a 3rd party) for $169.50 US.:jaw:
05-08-2011, 03:41 AM,
(05-06-2011, 05:44 AM)Gasbag Wrote: I just checked Amazon & they're selling it (through a 3rd party) for $169.50 US.:jaw:

Wow, that's just crazy ... I know that J.J. Fedorowicz had/has the pre-order price as $65, normal/regular price was expected to be $72.

They still show it as "This title is in production. Expected release date is January 2011."
05-09-2011, 06:36 AM,
I put in a request for Amazon (both US & Canada) to email me if/when they have the book in stock. I don't deal with J.J. Fedorowicz anymore as I find that they're overpriced.
09-10-2011, 04:24 AM,
I checked the Stone & Stone site yesterday & apparently the book is supposed to be available sometime next month. This is according to the author himself. Not holding my breath though because I've heard that tale before...:whis: