• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

I am looking for an opponent
09-13-2011, 06:27 PM,
RE: I am looking for an opponent
Battle must go on. Germany army loss 2 Sdkfz and 1 platoon (branch) PzGrenader. Airplans not effektiv - vizion 4))
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2011, 06:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-14-2011, 06:21 AM by Cross.)
Not too many German troops have been spotted yet, but quite a few halftracks in the far north and far south accompanied by Panther tanks.

Lt Woods infantry in the north very bravely attempted to close assault a Panther tank, but only succeeded in knocking out a panzerfaust team. The Tommies were then shot up but managed to retreat to safety.

In the centre Lt swift's tank troop remained busy, and Sgt Clark's tank managed to KO a gun halftrack Sd251/10a.

In the south a British armoured car was hit by a lucky shot from a Panther causing some damage, and then the driver made a mistake and allowed the Panther another shot. The Panther did it right this time and no crew escaped the burning vehicle.

The Spitfire returned for another run and lined up on a Panther on the northern road. He hit the tank with plenty of 20mm immobilising it, but in his celebration the pilot forgot to drop the eggs he had under the wings. Hopefully he'll be back to finish the job later.

With the Panther in difficulties Corp Stoke's cruiser tank went forward into a field just left of the immobilised Panther and engaged two halftracks destroying them both.

Sgt Clark's tank again got into action against another halftrack and at about 900yds knocked it out. Clark has now knocked out 2 halftracks and damaged a Panther.

The Royal Tank Regiment are having success against the halftracks but are very concerned about the Panthers. They've only slightly damaged one Panther so far, with the RAF damaging another.

Some amusing radio chatter was overheard. It appears the German commander accidently inflated his rubber raft next to a pond, got into difficulties and was unable to adjust his artillery. Big Grin

All the same, German mortar fire came down on a hill that British HMGs were using for suppressing fire.

09-14-2011, 01:25 PM,
(09-10-2011, 02:26 PM)roman Wrote:
(09-10-2011, 12:33 AM)butra Wrote: I am not looking for a mentor. I'm looking for a fight. I look forward to when it will create and send me an email.

:rolleyes: :thumbs_up: Shark2
Hang

Big Grin

Defination of a shark:

A seasoned player only looking to catch fresh fish to add to their standing on the ladder.

I know Cross is not that way,catch a clue;)
09-15-2011, 08:07 AM,
A German halftrack ran right into some of Lt Watts' infantry in the south, and it was quickly dispatched.

Lt Swift's tank and 2Lt Wigg's tank troop engaged a single Pather in the central town. After the smoke cleared two of Wigg's tanks were knocked out, and the Panther was eventually immobilised by nearby infantry.

In the far north PanzerGrenadier infantry were spotted crossing a field trying to get around the Battalion's flank. 2Lt Smyth's platoon shot them up with help from Support company vehicle MGs. The Jerries took a few casualties and retreated back to the edge of the field.

The Panther's are proving a tough nut to crack without sabot rounds.
Lt Col Cross will send a strongly worded letter to the quartermaster in charge of ordnance.

09-15-2011, 11:01 AM,
This is fun to read. Keep it up bro cheers
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
09-15-2011, 03:32 PM,
I also look forward to the battle reports. Thanks
09-16-2011, 04:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-16-2011, 06:27 AM by Cross.)
Here's a strategic overview.

The Germans are in the West, the British the East.
The map (please note that the v-hexes are not accurate for our map, but are approximate):

[Image: mapvcp.png]

In the far south the Germans are heading North up the central paved road with at least 3 Panther tanks and multiple halftracks.

A little further north the British unsuccessfully engaged another Panther that is about 200yds SE of the central town.

British infantry have just entered the NE part of the central town where they immobilised a Panther tank.
About 200yds NE of this town is where 2 British tanks were knocked out, attempting to engage the Panther.

British HMGs were using the hill about 500yds east of the central town to fire into town.

Major Bryan's men appear to have complete possession of the village in the north on the stream. They were surprisingly able to take the village with barely a shot fired.

The RAF shot up a Panther tank (believed immobilised, but this is not confirmed) just NW of the village on the paved east-west road.
The meadow just north of that road is where Corp Stokes KO 2 halftracks.

German infantry and halftracks have been spotted North of the village, on both sides of the stream, and even east of the north-south paved road. The small field about 500yds NE of the village is where German infantry were forced to retreat after attempting to cross the field.

09-17-2011, 06:28 AM,
Where can I find the map #, It looks good? Thanks, Volker
09-18-2011, 07:36 AM,
(09-17-2011, 06:28 AM)Volker Wrote: Where can I find the map #, It looks good? Thanks, Volker

The map was made by Epoletov (who is a member of this club) and then I customised it by adding some features. I'll attach the map to this post as spmap500.

---

The Spitfire returned spotted the immobilised (confirmed) Panther on the north road and this time dropped two 250lb bombs. Doesn't look like he did any additional damage to the panzer, but their ears will be ringing for a while.

The other immobilised Panther, in the NE of the central town, was abandoned by all five crew! A PanzerGrenadier squad in a nearby building perhaps guarding the tank.

2nd Lt Picton's infantry platoon supported by Lt Wigg's tank attacked towards the Panther, routing the PanzerGrenadier section.
Lt Drake's infantry also moved into town, shooting up the Panther crew.

In the town streets a Flammpanzer III was spotted. Lt Swift's tanks and an armoured car engaged the Flammpanzer III but couldn't get a solid hit, until Lt Swift finally destroyed it himself at a range of about 150yds. No survivors escaped the burning wreck.

Just to the south of town, British infantry attempted to get close to a Panther but were spotted and machinegunned taking a few casualties.

Also south of town, other British infantry ran into some German infantry and took a few casualties before routing the Germans.

In the far north field (NE of the village on the stream) German Infantry and halftracks appeared in the west tree line and engaged British infantry in the south and east tree line. The Brits fought back with halftrack and Bren Gun Carrier MGs and even a tank. A hidden Brit 6 pounder ATk gun knocked out one of the halftracks but the battle over the northern field continues...

German mortar fire came down NE of the town and in the northern village. And 10.5cm field artillery is now supporting the German attack on the northern field.

Attached Files
.zip   spmap500.zip (Size: 87.08 KB / Downloads: 4)
09-19-2011, 04:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-19-2011, 04:10 AM by Cross.)
Northern Sector
(North Village on the Stream and the Battle of the north field)
Lt Wood’s infantry knocked out some German PanzerGrenadiers just west of the northern field. Then Lt Fisher’s Cruiser tank came forward and KO’d a halftrack that had moved back from the west tree-line.
The immobilized Panther on the road in the far north is nervously shooting area fire at every shadow.
Some Brit artillery is also coming in to support the defense of the northern field; and German mortars are hitting the southern perimeter of the field.

South of the North Village, North of the Central Town
Captain Baldwin, of B company, is in charge of a force advancing on the German held Hill 500yds SW of the pond and 300yds SW of the crossroads. The hill appears to be held by a single Panther.
Capt Wellington of the RTR and one of his close support tanks got a couple of shots at the Panther but it popped smoke.

German 10.5cm artillery is started to come down near the Crossroads 200yds SW of the village pond.

Central Town
The Royal Tank Regiment set a trap and it worked! The bait was an armoured car left exposed in the central town, hoping the Panther just south of town would move forward 150yds onto the road to get a shot at the AC. Waiting on the road were Lt Swift and another of his tanks. The Panther moved onto the road and Swift brewed it up with one shot to the side at about 300yds.
The first Panther knocked out! However, 2ndLt Picton is placing explosives in the immobilized Panther abandoned in the NE of town.

South
Lt Watt’s infantry section in the south is in trouble. A Panther moved right up to him in support of the German infantry Watts had just routed, and attacked him with MG and 7.5cm shells. Watt’s rallied his men and fired a PIAT bomb at the Panther but it went well wide.

The Luftwaffe made an appearance for the first time. Tentatively identified as an Hs129, the fighter-bomber came in from the NW and strafed a Lloyd carrier moving along the paved road 500yds due east of the central town. The Lloyd carrier was damaged. British 40mm and AA guns and AAMGs did go into action but there was no report of any hits.