• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for an opponent
11-24-2011, 09:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-24-2011, 09:32 PM by Fhil.)
Looking for an opponent
Hello guys,

I´m looking for an opponent. I´m curently playing only one campaign game of Smolensk and one team game of Minsk, so I have at least one free slot for a game, either a campaign or a smaller battle.

There are few titles I really didn´t try against a human opponent. Or I´ve played them really long ago and I would like to play again. Here are they:

- Moscow ´41 - I didn´t play either Vyazma nor Moscow campaign yet.
I will play any side here.

- Korsun ´44 - I´ve played both sides already and it is one of my favourite titles, maybe a team game would be fine :-)

- Rzhev ´42 - Didn´t play yet, would like to try.

- Stalingrad´42 - Would like to play it again, any side.

- Budapest ´45 - Would like to try.

These were the Eastern Front titles. Currently I´m interested either in East or Africa, so both suggestions of Tobruk ´41 or El Alamein ´42 are welcome. I didn´t try any of them yet.

I´m looking for an experienced and skilled player-gentleman, with a turn rate of at least 3-4 turns a week. Gentleman means you won´t be using any gamey tactics or crazy unrealistic ideas, which the games weren´t desinged for Big Grin

Best Regards,
Filip
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2011, 11:00 PM,
RE: Looking for an opponent

Ok, one slot is filled with Vyazma Campaign:)

Maybe there´s a place for one Desert battle! :smoke:
11-26-2011, 12:18 AM,
(11-25-2011, 11:00 PM)Fhil Wrote: Ok, one slot is filled with Vyazma Campaign:)

Maybe there´s a place for one Desert battle! :smoke:

I'm open for Budapest ... or even El Alamein if you really want desert.

Bob
11-26-2011, 12:51 AM,

Hi,

Well, Budapest is an interresting title and there is some action covering my home-coutry Slovakia, but with already 3 games on the East Front, I would like to try the desert.

There are more campaigns in this title, which one would you like to try? I think it starts with the Gazala Gallop Campaign, then Tobruk Stakes and the Race for Alamein and then the Alamein Campaign itself. All of them looks pretty interesting to me, you decide which one and which side would you like to take.

Then we can discuss the Optional Rules via email and start the game if you are still interested.
11-26-2011, 01:24 AM,
(11-26-2011, 12:51 AM)Fhil Wrote: Hi,

Well, Budapest is an interresting title and there is some action covering my home-coutry Slovakia, but with already 3 games on the East Front, I would like to try the desert.

There are more campaigns in this title, which one would you like to try? I think it starts with the Gazala Gallop Campaign, then Tobruk Stakes and the Race for Alamein and then the Alamein Campaign itself. All of them looks pretty interesting to me, you decide which one and which side would you like to take.

Then we can discuss the Optional Rules via email and start the game if you are still interested.

okay, I'll look over the options today and get back to you.
11-26-2011, 09:17 AM,
(11-26-2011, 12:51 AM)Fhil Wrote: There are more campaigns in this title, which one would you like to try? I think it starts with the Gazala Gallop Campaign, then Tobruk Stakes and the Race for Alamein and then the Alamein Campaign itself. All of them looks pretty interesting to me, you decide which one and which side would you like to take.
FYI the Gazala Gallop Campaign (while very interesting to play) is very pro Axis in its balance if both players are of equal ability.
11-26-2011, 09:39 AM,

Yes the German panzers are really fast and surrounding my units quickly. But I somehow like hopeless situationsBig Grin

We´ll see how this one develops, it is my first battle in the desert, but I have some good battles fought in the East. We will inform you :cool2:
12-01-2011, 09:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-01-2011, 09:22 PM by Rev Rico.)
(11-26-2011, 09:17 AM)Foul. Wrote:
(11-26-2011, 12:51 AM)Fhil Wrote: There are more campaigns in this title, which one would you like to try? I think it starts with the Gazala Gallop Campaign, then Tobruk Stakes and the Race for Alamein and then the Alamein Campaign itself. All of them looks pretty interesting to me, you decide which one and which side would you like to take.
FYI the Gazala Gallop Campaign (while very interesting to play) is very pro Axis in its balance if both players are of equal ability.

I didn't see this until today and we're into the second day. Fil said you were right but I didn't know what he was talking about. Now I understand. After a day and a half 300+ British AFVs are gone.

OTOH the French are a tough nut to crack!