• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: What did you think of "First Clash at Carpiquet"?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Liked it a lot
35.71%
5 35.71%
Liked it somewhat
28.57%
4 28.57%
Did not care about it too much
7.14%
1 7.14%
Hated it
0%
0 0%
Played it, but don't remember it too well
14.29%
2 14.29%
Have not played (yet)
14.29%
2 14.29%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Scenario of the Month - September 2011: First Clash at Carpiquet
09-15-2011, 05:26 AM,
RE: Scenario of the Month - September 2011: First Clash at Carpiquet
Not a big deal, would be fun to see how 'old geezers' rate the classics though...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2011, 06:02 AM,
(09-14-2011, 11:32 AM)Scud Wrote:
(09-14-2011, 12:20 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: EDIT: I would not mind if we get to see who vote what on these polls?

Lower right below the poll is a link: "show results". Click it and you can see who and how.

Dave

Actually, the "show results" tab / link only shows totals for each poll category? :chin: Which is fine. We don't need to know who votes for what category - do we? :chin:
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
09-16-2011, 10:50 AM,
Whew! I'm in the middle of a dogfight right now playing against Panzerjaeger as the Allies and I'm taking a major whooping.

I made two huge mistakes - first not realizing that 2/3 of my strength would be sitting on the bench until the 4th quarter, and secondly advancing my Sherman platoons too hastily into bad neighborhoods and getting a bouquet of panzerfausts for breakfast. The naval artillery is the only thing keeping me in this one up till now.

Panzerjaeger has played a great game of hit and run and hit with his Panthers and it's left me woozy!

King Ron
09-18-2011, 08:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-20-2011, 09:54 AM by Scud.)
All of the Scenario of the Month polls have been public polls. I just missed clicking the button this time. As a mod, I see it either way, so didn't catch it. Apologies.

Going forward, if members would prefer these polls private, no problem. I, for one, would vote public as I find it interesting to see the individual preferences, especially when there's an additional comment made on the thread. To me, the best critics are the ones who's critique most often mirrors my own. So if I notice that Panzerjaeger, for instance, really liked a scenario, and I usually like the ones he picks, then I know I'll probably like it too.

This section of the CS forum was "member inspired" and has been well received, so I kind of hate changing it. Up to you guys, though. Thoughts?

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
09-20-2011, 12:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-20-2011, 12:27 AM by Kool Kat.)
Gents: :smoke:

Well... Terry took me to "school" on "First Clash at Carpiquet"... and kicked my butt! :eek1: Whip

With only 4 turns to complete our game... and a couple hundred points needed by my Allies for a "Draw"... and over 400 points needed for a "Minor Victory"... I don't see any point in continuing the agony? :chin:

No excuses on my part. As Terry correctly observed in an earlier email exchange, I "over reached" early in our game and poorly utilized my smoke rounds... and Terry was most skilled in demonstrating an effective and deadly Axis "mobile defense." The late release (delayed by 4 turns) of my reinforcements simply sealed the Allied fate a few turns earlier.

Given my recent "schooling" in this scenario... I will revise my earlier thoughts on balance! :bow:

I would rate "First Clash at Carpiquet" as "Slightly Pro Axis."

The player who takes "scalpel cuts" out of his opponent... best utilizes smoke rounds... and does an effective job of artillery management... will prevail in this exciting scenario! :cool2:
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email