• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

5.9 Earthquake
08-25-2011, 03:25 AM,
RE: 5.9 Earthquake
I Hear ya on that, my main concern would be them tall skyscrappers, are yall ready for a Huricane, i hope it stays offshore them things are not fun to go thru...
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2011, 04:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-25-2011, 04:05 AM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
I have tree branches breaking off in anticipation!
Or, to get a head start. Eek

What possesses the federal government to assume the role anyway?
Most should be done on the local level.
Sounds like someone wants to scare someone else, if I you ask me. :chin:

cheers

HSL
08-25-2011, 04:11 AM,
(08-25-2011, 04:04 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: What possesses the federal government to assume the role anyway?
Most should be done on the local level.

Maybe because of good old Eisenhower... is the reason the Feds are involved with infrastructure? :chin:

"On June 29, 1956, President Dwight Eisenhower signed the Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1956. The bill created a 41,000-mile “National System of Interstate and Defense Highways” that would, according to Eisenhower, eliminate unsafe roads, inefficient routes, traffic jams and all of the other things that got in the way of “speedy, safe transcontinental travel.” At the same time, highway advocates argued, “in case of atomic attack on our key cities, the road net [would] permit quick evacuation of target areas.” For all of these reasons, the 1956 law declared that the construction of an elaborate expressway system was “essential to the national interest.” - History.com

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
08-25-2011, 06:43 AM,
He started it! Yup!

Time to get them out of it? :chin:

cheers

HSL