• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

OOB Command Problem
08-23-2011, 10:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-23-2011, 10:35 PM by Kool Kat.)
OOB Command Problem
Gents: :smoke:

Question on updating OOB's in a scenario undergoing testing in the H2H section.

In my latest WF "Breakout at Benicourt" scenario version 1.1... I replaced the Allied veteran armored infantry platoons with green ones... and when I did it "broke" the leaders' commands who were assigned to the armored infantry companies... so now these company commanders only lead a MG platoon in each of their respective companies! The downgraded green armored infantry platoons are leaderless! :eek1:

How can I "fix" this problem in my next version 1.2? :chin:
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
08-24-2011, 02:34 AM,
RE: OOB Command Problem
You need to lower the new platoons into the commands of the leaders in the OOB. :chin:

BTW, I am against replacing the veteran infantry with "green" armored infantry. :(

cheers

HSL
08-24-2011, 02:43 AM,
(08-24-2011, 02:34 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: BTW, I am against replacing the veteran infantry with "green" armored infantry. :(

cheers

HSL

Ok - now I am really confused Ed? :conf:

One of your test report comments was "Cut the veteran status of the American armored inf platoons" to help achieve balance?

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
08-24-2011, 08:48 AM,
(08-24-2011, 02:43 AM)Kool Kat Wrote:
(08-24-2011, 02:34 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: BTW, I am against replacing the veteran infantry with "green" armored infantry. :(

cheers

HSL

Ok - now I am really confused Ed? :conf:

One of your test report comments was "Cut the veteran status of the American armored inf platoons" to help achieve balance?

Yes, but not to take a veteran division and replace veteran infantry with "green" troopers.
Do you have any idea what "green" American troops fight like?
I stated that you gave the Americans too many Mg Half tracks coupled with veteran armored infantry platoons. That is a serious shift to replace both with regular Ht's and "green" platoons? :chin:

Especially if you are going to give the Germans more and JadgPanthers! :eek1:

cheers

HSL

08-24-2011, 08:28 PM,
(08-24-2011, 02:34 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: Yes, but not to take a veteran division and replace veteran infantry with "green" troopers.
Do you have any idea what "green" American troops fight like?
I do now! :(

(08-24-2011, 02:34 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: I stated that you gave the Americans too many Mg Half tracks coupled with veteran armored infantry platoons. That is a serious shift to replace both with regular Ht's and "green" platoons? :chin:

Especially if you are going to give the Germans more and JadgPanthers! :eek1:
Yes indeed! I committed the "cardinal sin" when attempting to balance a scenario design... I "over balanced" in the opposite direction! ;)

Now... I remember a very good player... on another scenario development project... cautioning me to make only incremental changes. Who was that guy? :chin: ;)

BTW... I've stopped the testing on version 1.1... and once I finish up a test game with Hawk... will make the appropriate "adjustments" in version 1.2.

Send this user an email
08-25-2011, 03:59 AM,
(08-24-2011, 08:28 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: Yes indeed! I committed the "cardinal sin" when attempting to balance a scenario design... I "over balanced" in the opposite direction! ;)

Only the cardinal would know about that sin. WinkWhip

Quote:Now... I remember a very good player... on another scenario development project... cautioning me to make only incremental changes. Who was that guy? :chin: ;)

Hmmm ... :chin:

Some old curmudgeon? :smoke:

cheers

HSL