• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France '14 AAR Uncovering the Enemy's Hand!
08-29-2011, 01:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2011, 01:35 PM by Volcano Man.)
RE: France '14 AAR Uncovering the Enemy's Hand!
(08-21-2011, 09:09 AM)Dog Soldier Wrote: Maybe that will change in a future F14 update...

Well, FWIW, I will explain how the rule in both series came about:

For various reasons (lack of radios and extremely restricted C&C being the most important) F14 needed a rule where users would voluntarily restrict/limit the amount of night movement, which would in turn inherently cause night turns to be primarily used for resting. I requested a new rule: when a unit in F14 moves in anything other than travel mode along roads, the unit gets disrupted 100% chance (the night disruption rule, 1.0).

Somewhere around T43 testing, greater awareness of F14's night disruption rule came into being in the PzC team, and it was felt that the rule would help that title so it was ported over to that series. It was determined that FWWC's 100% disruption was too extreme, so the only change to the rule in PzC is that you can specify the change that the unit will disrupt and perhaps quality factors into that (Night Disruption 2.0).

The rule itself is the same however across both series. Once it was changed in this regard for PzC, it too was carried back over to FWWC, only that in FWWC the probability is set to 100 in the PDT file and it will remain that way until at least the late war titles. In the later titles (1918) there *might* be a < 100% probability for night disruption, but who knows. If I do use it, then naturally it would be > 60% (which seems to be PzC's standard value).

Sorry to hijack the AAR, I am just explaining the origin and current state of the rule in both series. BTW, great AAR! Big Grin

Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2011, 01:52 PM,

Thanks VM for explaining how the rule came about. It is interesting information!
08-30-2011, 04:31 AM,
Thanks Ed. I do not have F14, thus like many others considering acquiring it, I wanted to know the way the rule works. In effect, in both PzC and F14, if you do not like the night disruption, one can change the value in the pdt as a mod. Same as many other controls in these flexible game systems.

Just beware, "your mileage may vary" with such a mod as Glenn often says.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp