08-10-2011, 01:31 AM,
Kharkov '42 Updated
Kharkov '42 was just updated.

Get the update here: http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/updates/up_...#KHARKOV42
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2011, 02:36 AM,
RE: Kharkov '42 Updated
Just updated isn't the half of it.

The new patch now includes a 2D magnified mode.

Not sure what it's going to do to the appearance of the various mods, but I just looked at one of mine and it didn't look too bad. The aesthetic issue that jumped off the screen at me was the appearance of the Nato symbols -- these may need some reworking not to look wonky under magnification.

But the bottom line is that I'm hugely pleased. What this means is that we'll still be able to see the units on our next set of monitors.

A big thank you to John Tiller for that!
History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.
08-10-2011, 07:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2011, 08:41 AM by -72-.)
One thing that users of mods will need to do is reinstall their mods after updating -as the patch includes some terrain files.

It should be noted, that the "new 2d level" isn't, technically, a level at all but rather 2d zoom in magnified. The difference being that no new bmp files were added.

And when anything is magnified by 200% any image will tend to get pixellated, which is the effect that Philippe was mentioning.

Considering it was a software change as opposed to adding a bmp level, from a graphics point of view, I don't think that you are going to find that you can change the NATO symbols to address the pixellation effect that you are seeing Philippe.

Those were my technical observations.

Edit: I should also acknowledge that I am using a mod at this point. Plus I never actually understood the actually complaint when I read it on boards anyways (obviously mmv).
Bydand
Send this user an email
08-10-2011, 11:12 AM,
(08-10-2011, 07:21 AM)trauth116 Wrote: One thing that users of mods will need to do is reinstall their mods after updating -as the patch includes some terrain files.

Thanks for the heads up on this.

08-10-2011, 01:04 PM,
I get can't create output file for the getting started scenario. So, I don't think the update is getting through.
08-10-2011, 01:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2011, 01:34 PM by Kuriltai.)
I think the way to go here is to extract the patch in a new folder in your K42 folder then just transfer the main files from the new folder to the main.
That way everything in your info,map and nationality folders stays as is and you dont have to worry about re-installs.
(also you dont get your supply wagons trucks over-written)
There are units other than supply,but you can compare thetwo bmps and decide for yourself
08-10-2011, 05:31 PM,
What Kuriltai said is true -that is a good way to do it as well.

-

The more I look at the magnified 2d zoom, I think it is growing on me more, and I didn't think that would necessarily have been the case.
Bydand
Send this user an email
08-10-2011, 11:20 PM,
The new Magnifyied 2D view is super! cheers

Thanks JT, Glenn and crew. :bow:
08-11-2011, 01:04 AM,
I get the download with the vice grip icon. It's at that point that I get that other message. I right clcick and then click open and it goes to the extract menu right before the other message. I've downloaded it twice from the website. I have a separate folder for patches and updates for each series and inside that folder is a folder for each title with all the updates/patches, graphics and scenarios for each title so there is no mistake.

All the other updates/patches up to this point have been fine. For some reason, this one does not want to cooperate. I can't get to the files in the zip file. I would be happy if someone would email a copy of the zip file that worked for them.