• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for a first PBEM game
07-18-2011, 08:25 PM,
Looking for a first PBEM game
I'm looking for a Quick Battle PBEM game to get me started. I'd be happiest with an opponent that's have completed a couple of CMBN PBEM games and can talk me through the best way to process turns (it's been a long time since I played CMx1 games via email). CMBN saved game files seem a bit too big for emailing back and forth. I've seen DropBox mentioned but not looked into it yet. I am familiar with the principal though (I use something similar called SendSpace to submit freelance illustration thingies).

Ideally I'd like the following conditions:

* Meeting Engagement
* Day time, with normal visibility
* 30-45 minute enagement
* Small or Medium map and engagement
* Some bocage (so a small or medium QB ME map with bocage in it's title)
* Infantry only (although I'm open to Mix if we can agree that the vast majority of the force is infantry). US can have either standard or airborne infantry.
* Rarity on strict
* Difficulty on Elite or Iron
* Only organic artillery (stuff that comes with the infantry purchase)
* No round one bombardment of setup areas
* No purchasing of TRPs or anything else from that category (mines, wire, etc)
* I'm willing to play either side.
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2011, 02:59 AM,
RE: Looking for a first PBEM game
I'll play you a game under your parameters, no armor. No pref for side, so play what you want. I will send you an invite for Dropbox (very simple to use) once I get your addy. We will each get an additional allotment of space with DB for doing it this way. My addy is... 1coyotebrother at gmail dot com. I will also break down the pbem tricks I use via e-mail.
Quote this message in a reply