• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Delayed Disruption; Night Disruption
07-14-2011, 08:26 AM,
RE: Delayed Disruption; Night Disruption
(07-14-2011, 03:30 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote: Perhaps a bit off topic, but for anyone who has ever been involved in a minor auto accident - perhaps one with no injuries, just a good bang and some vehicle damage. It happened to me once. You get out of the car feeling rather numb, that "what happened feeling".

....for me - that is "Disruption" and over time, you recover, depending how many BF points you attained on the hit :)

But seriously - this is a great analogy if you have ever experienced it and recall the feeling.

Glenn

Sorry you suffered this. This question is: how would one know that the enemy is disrupted in a battalion level engagement?
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2011, 09:15 AM,
Well, I don't think there is a real life flag of "disrupted" for a battalion. In game terms, we got the definition, and Glenn gave an example of what a specfic individual might be going through at the point that a unit is losing cohesion and "disrupting" in game terms. Fire may slacken, control is being lost due to losses and suppression, men are losing effectiveness from minor wounds, shell concussion, some men drop out of the fight in one way or another.

Pick your poison, the game on or off represents a wide range of effects that you as the enemy might see.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
07-14-2011, 10:03 AM,
(07-14-2011, 08:26 AM)Marquo Wrote: Sorry you suffered this. This question is: how would one know that the enemy is disrupted in a battalion level engagement?

When the volume of fire from the guys in the woods opposite you starts to thin out, when their movements start to appear less coordinated and purposeful, when sections of their line appear to be unmanned because either it is or the guys in that part of the line are cowering in their foxholes....

There are ways to tell when the "iron is hot."
07-14-2011, 10:44 AM,
(07-14-2011, 10:03 AM)Liebchen Wrote:
(07-14-2011, 08:26 AM)Marquo Wrote: Sorry you suffered this. This question is: how would one know that the enemy is disrupted in a battalion level engagement?

When the volume of fire from the guys in the woods opposite you starts to thin out, when their movements start to appear less coordinated and purposeful, when sections of their line appear to be unmanned because either it is or the guys in that part of the line are cowering in their foxholes....

There are ways to tell when the "iron is hot."

Right; and this in IGOUGO system, with the rule activated, the defender gets to react to the disruption before the assault even if the attacker noted disruption, so the attacker is always assaulting blind even if he properly diagnosed disruption.

Marquo :)
07-14-2011, 10:47 AM,
No Marquo, in my experience, I have guessed the enemy was disrupted and then assaulted right away and either the defender was already disrupted or it disrupted from the assault - although in some cases I have found the defender did not disrupt and I didn't take the ground. But either way, by taking the risk in my turn against units I fired at first, I have been able to assault disrupted defenders - although I was "blind" the defender didn't get a chance to react.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
07-14-2011, 03:33 PM,
(07-14-2011, 08:26 AM)Marquo Wrote: This question is: how would one know that the enemy is disrupted in a battalion level engagement?

...and my post was noted as off topic I thought .... but in any case I think ...and think is the operative word, as I've never experienced ordering fire on an enemy ... it would be a gut feel sort of things that you would get better at with time and God only knows there have been a lot of players go through the ranks with a lot of PzC experience who should be pretty good at it.

Glenn

Send this user an email
07-14-2011, 09:36 PM,
While it slow down an initial assault, then it will also slow down a counterattack by your adversary. There are two sides to this coin that need to be explored.

And theres also the fact that you might want to draw in the reserves to a particular section of ground when in reality you want to hit elsewhere.

I like the idea.
07-14-2011, 10:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-14-2011, 10:12 PM by Marquo.)
(07-14-2011, 03:33 PM)Glenn Saunders Wrote:
(07-14-2011, 08:26 AM)Marquo Wrote: This question is: how would one know that the enemy is disrupted in a battalion level engagement?

...and my post was noted as off topic I thought ....

No, and I appreciate the insight, thanks.

The change does limit the predictability of the IGOUGO system; the match becomes more tense and this is good; it is analgous somewhat to limited aerial recon where a player can't immediately act on information gained but has to wait for a period time to simulate accumulation, transmission, analysis and appropriate response to intelligence.

Marquo

07-15-2011, 12:57 AM,
(07-14-2011, 10:10 PM)Marquo Wrote: The change does limit the predictability of the IGOUGO system; the match becomes more tense and this is good; it is analgous somewhat to limited aerial recon where a player can't immediately act on information gained but has to wait for a period time to simulate accumulation, transmission, analysis and appropriate response to intelligence.

Overall guys - my take on it FWIW, is that things can happen faster in the game system because a) people can push their troop counters harder and for longer than normal cmdrs can push men, even with BF and Night BF. AND b) due to the intel in IGOUGO, you can exploit the defense - that is reserves in def in the game is not as important as real life.

Send this user an email