• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

No Sound
06-17-2011, 03:24 AM,
No Sound
I have sound in Waterloo, but none of the other titles. Any ideas are welcome.
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2011, 03:33 AM,
RE: No Sound
Welcome to my world. Big Grin

After getting asked too many countless times "do you really need to have that on so loud", I now normally don't play any of my games with the sound on.

It's just like playing a table-top game! :rolleyes:
06-17-2011, 05:18 AM,
I gotta have the sound though. I had same problem with Gettysburg, but found my old post from a couple yrs ago and now have sound there. I was hoping maybe it would be something similar, but Naps don't have the file to delete like GB did.
06-19-2011, 12:14 AM,
(06-17-2011, 05:18 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: I gotta have the sound though. I had same problem with Gettysburg, but found my old post from a couple yrs ago and now have sound there. I was hoping maybe it would be something similar, but Naps don't have the file to delete like GB did.

Not trying to insult your intelligence, but I have to ask if you've somehown unchecked your music and sound effects under options.

Or it may be an installation issue. My Eckmuhl game doesn't have music, but the sound effects work fine (both are checked). Does your sound test okay with other games?
06-21-2011, 12:21 AM,
Waterloo works fine, don't play with music, just sound effects. Already checked that stuff too.
06-21-2011, 01:02 AM,
With all of my JT HPS/JT Software games, I actually play with all the sound and music set to "on" however, I have my speakers turned off, all of the time. I found out if I don't do this, the replay of my opponents turns moves super quickly, sometimes making it impossible to determine who is firing at my units. Having all that "extra stuff" running in the background, slows the replay speed down.

Have you tried HPS Support? [email protected]

I guarantee you will find out quickly what's going on. :)