• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Suggestion for F 14 update
07-01-2011, 11:20 AM,
Suggestion for F 14 update
I'm hoping that we can hi-lite units that are digging. As the French my experience is that anyone who is not fighting and is at full strength and full morale should be digging; it doesn't matter where they are: At any one time I often have hundreds of units digging. The problem arises when night falls and I've got to find these units and stop the digging. I always miss many, sometimes finding them a day later with 124 fatigue points and still digging. It doesn't matter with units in Paris but anywhere else it does. jonny :cheeky:
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2011, 02:21 PM,
RE: Suggestion for F 14 update
That is not a bad idea, it would certainly be a nice feature. I will pass it along and we will see what happens. Often however, enhancements are only made to new titles (at which point older titles get retrofitted later). So, who knows, maybe the next title title may have it if the powers that be like the idea.
Send this user an email
07-01-2011, 02:24 PM,
(07-01-2011, 02:21 PM)Volcano Man Wrote: That is not a bad idea, it would certainly be a nice feature. I will pass it along and we will see what happens. Often however, enhancements are only made to new titles (at which point older titles get retrofitted later). So, who knows, maybe the next title title may have it if the powers that be like the idea.

Totally cool and here's hoping the next title will be out soon! Big Grin
07-01-2011, 04:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2011, 04:57 PM by Mr Grumpy.)
(07-01-2011, 11:20 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: As the French my experience is that anyone who is not fighting and is at full strength and full morale should be digging;

I agree with that statement for units that have low fatigue, in many scenarios the French start with units that are 120+ on their fatigue and i believe that allowing them to recover some of that fatigue is often more important than a -10 IP counter. ;)

I also agree that a "Highlight Digging in" feature would be an excellent idea.

07-02-2011, 03:06 PM,
(07-01-2011, 04:56 PM)Foul. Wrote:
(07-01-2011, 11:20 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: As the French my experience is that anyone who is not fighting and is at full strength and full morale should be digging;

I agree with that statement for units that have low fatigue, in many scenarios the French start with units that are 120+ on their fatigue and i believe that allowing them to recover some of that fatigue is often more important than a -10 IP counter. ;)

I also agree that a "Highlight Digging in" feature would be an excellent idea.
Another idea would be to allow highlighting of multiple categories: eg: moved units and fixed units, digging units and moved units, etc
07-02-2011, 03:50 PM,
"Another idea would be to allow highlighting of multiple categories: eg: moved units and fixed units, digging units and moved units, etc"

You can already hi-lite moved units as well as fixed units. There are icons for this on the toolbar in easy reach. jonny :smoke:
07-02-2011, 04:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-02-2011, 04:06 PM by Kuriltai.)
Quote:You can already hi-lite moved units as well as fixed units.

but not both highlighted at the same time,as AIREDALE suggested,which I have also thought would be useful as you could more easily identify units you could move.
07-03-2011, 05:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-03-2011, 05:08 AM by Dog Soldier.)
If both are highlighted at the same time, how do you know which is which? Jf you are using this to check for units at the end of your turn you missed in a big scenario, just about every unit would be highlighted. I am having difficulty seeing the usefulness.

The "next unit" ("N" key) command allows one to cycle through all units that have not been given orders to fire or move. Pretty easy to find the ones digging in using this command.

It has worked well enough for a final check for me at the end of a turn before I advance the turn to find overlooked units.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
07-03-2011, 05:12 AM,
(07-03-2011, 05:07 AM)Dog Soldier Wrote: The "next unit" ("N" key) command allows one to cycle through all units that have not been given orders to fire or move. Pretty easy to find the ones digging in using this command.

It has worked well enough for a final check for me at the end of a turn before I advance the turn to find overlooked units.

Dog Soldier

Good idea! Thanks! jonny Big Grin:happy::):rolleyes:
07-03-2011, 02:14 PM,
Quote:If both are highlighted at the same time, how do you know which is which? Jf you are using this to check for units at the end of your turn you missed in a big scenario, just about every unit would be highlighted. I am having difficulty seeing the usefulness

So why would you have to know which is which?Any highlighted unit you have either moved or can't move.And Yes,in a big scenario,with lots of fixed units,the only ones you would have to worry about were the non-highlighted.(Making them easy to pick out)The Germans in the large F40 scenarios spring to mind.
I have tried the cycle key,but its just not as good as it starts on one side of the map and works to the other.(Try this in a big D85 team game)
Not a real big deal to me anyway,but I posted because guys seemed to be missing what AIREDALE was meaning and it was a fix I thought would be helpfull.