• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Pre-planned arty fire on setup zones
06-29-2011, 06:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-29-2011, 06:31 AM by raz_atoth.)
Pre-planned arty fire on setup zones
In CMBN-unlike CM1-you can set a preplanned arty strike even in meeting engagements.If you weren't already aware of this small fact,you are now Big Grin
What does this practically mean?It means you can unleash the furry of your arty batteries on that tiny,tiny setup zone of your opponent,where all this troops are,practically being guaranteed to win the battle.Unless your opponent has the same idea and bigger guns in which case you are guaranteed to lose it :)
I would consider it very,very rude if something like this would happen to me.But,it's in the game so it will probably happen sooner or later ;) Rude enough to seriously consider never playing that opponent again.
What's your opinion on this? Should the blitz have a special rule that would prevent reporting game won this way?Or should we just rely on the sportsmanship of our opponents?
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2011, 08:00 AM,
RE: Pre-planned arty fire on setup zones
I have played some members here that use this tactic.... And if they can do so..

Rely on sportsmanship ?

Nope, lets have a rule to that effect.
06-29-2011, 09:58 AM,
5m delay on all preplanned arty.
06-29-2011, 10:37 AM,
I completely agree with making a rule. I also would not play someone again if they did that.
06-30-2011, 05:42 AM,
-If that happens I'll never play that opponent again.
-I'll trash that opponent so hard on every forum he is trying to find players.
-I'll google earth his adress and pre-plan arty his house!
Live is ours, we life it our way!

[07-06-2011] quote from my wife: "Off to bed children, daddy wants to have a nice relaxing evening of combat"  -Damn I love her- :Grin2:

[email protected] 
06-30-2011, 01:29 PM,
If someone does something you don't like don't play them again. Simple as that.
06-30-2011, 10:41 PM,
(06-30-2011, 01:29 PM)Wengart Wrote: If someone does something you don't like don't play them again. Simple as that.
You are fundamentally right. The issue remains thought,without a rule in place. If i play someone for the first time i can't know if he'll follow the 'gentlemen agreement' of not firing on my setup zone or not. And this,in effect means,i'll have to fire first because he can fire first and if i don't do it he'll have a definitive advantage over me.
That's why,at this moment i'm inclined to believe some sort of 'code of conduct' which will forbade such practices in the blitz ladder games will be needed.

Send this user an email
06-30-2011, 11:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-30-2011, 11:06 PM by DasTiger.)
For myself, if this happened in a game, I would probably e-mail the person and explain my disapproval. Something like, "Listen here ya putz, I feel that that was the most chicken-*%#* tactic I have EVER seen and I consider that you have cheated. This game is done here and now. No start over. No rematch. No ladder report."

But you're right Raz, it would be nice to quote a rule to back up my profanity laced e-mail to the putz after he targets my set-up. It would add that extra little uumph....

It would put that final stamp of dis-approval on a very tacky technique of gaining victory.

So I am all in for creating a rule to stop preplanned arty dumps on setup zones.

We could call it the 'No dumping" rule!!!
07-01-2011, 03:04 AM,
Good thread....another thing to consider:

On tiny to small maps the Americans can purchase real heavy arty for the cheep and even if you follow a "5 minute" rule they can literally wipe out the whole other side of the map.

Having a general code of conduct would be good, then guys can either choose to play with the rules or have a free fight :)
07-02-2011, 01:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-02-2011, 01:28 AM by Scipio.)
I think that 'no artillery on setup zone', with delay or without, can be easily agreed if you start your first match with a new opponent.

I once created an artillery rule for CMBO to limit off-map artillery in QBs. Maybe I have it on my HD back home, I can take a look when I'm back from holiday.
Send this user an email