• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A W questions
06-16-2011, 05:03 PM,
A W questions
I'm trying to figure out the game by playing the tutorial. So when I order a unit to move where does it move to? The A/I should figure that out? In the tutorial I ordered by Legionaries to move but they just stayed where they were and were over-run. :hissy:
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2011, 06:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-16-2011, 06:27 PM by Wolfgang.)
RE: A W questions
Ouch, yep its a lil different.

There are 2 modes to place commands in aw: With the Command Box or With hotkeys. Both modes are mutually exclusive.

If the Command Box is enabled, then if you left click on a unit it brings up a list of commands and that's how you do stuff with the CB enabled.

If its disabled, then you can use Hotkeys in place of the command box (M is for movement).
If the command takes, you should see a red arrow on the board, if not, look down on the status bar at the bottom of the game window and it may indicate why.

Send this user an email
06-16-2011, 06:32 PM,
(06-16-2011, 06:27 PM)Ironwulf Wrote: Ouch, yep its a lil different.

There are 2 modes to place commands in aw: With the Command Box or With hotkeys. Both modes are mutually exclusive.

If the Command Box is enabled, then if you left click on a unit it brings up a list of commands and that's how you do stuff with the CB enabled.

If its disabled, then you can use Hotkeys in place of the command box (M is for movement).
If the command takes, you should see a red arrow on the board, if not, look down on the status bar at the bottom of the game window and it may indicate why.
Ok so the A/I decides direction of movement? :conf:
06-16-2011, 09:20 PM,
No, you do.
Al Amos
Start with God - the first step in learning is bowing down to God; only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning. - Proverbs 1:7 The Message
06-17-2011, 12:22 AM,
Well a couple of things that initially confused me is:
- If you have the unit selected and then hit "M" you can then Right Click on a hex to move there. Sometimes it takes a couple of clicks to get it right.
- If you have a stack of 2 or more units in the same hex you have to click on the Unit Info box to select which of the 2 your about to give orders to or otherwise none get selected (there is no Select All that I know of).
- Command and Control. If its enabled the unit may be out of range its commander and thus unable to move
- Facing: I think sometimes I have to use the "T" hotkey to turn the unit to another facing before movement.
- The actual movement will happen when you hit Next Turn and the game plays out all your moves.

Hope that helps!
Send this user an email
06-17-2011, 02:31 AM,
(06-17-2011, 12:22 AM)Ironwulf Wrote: Well a couple of things that initially confused me is:
- If you have the unit selected and then hit "M" you can then Right Click on a hex to move there. Sometimes it takes a couple of clicks to get it right.
- If you have a stack of 2 or more units in the same hex you have to click on the Unit Info box to select which of the 2 your about to give orders to or otherwise none get selected (there is no Select All that I know of).
- Command and Control. If its enabled the unit may be out of range its commander and thus unable to move
- Facing: I think sometimes I have to use the "T" hotkey to turn the unit to another facing before movement.
- The actual movement will happen when you hit Next Turn and the game plays out all your moves.

Hope that helps!
Yes, thank you. Big Grin
06-17-2011, 08:42 AM,
(06-17-2011, 02:31 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote:
(06-17-2011, 12:22 AM)Ironwulf Wrote: Well a couple of things that initially confused me is:

Hope that helps!
Yes, thank you. Big Grin

Np cheers

File sent - Its Bagradas Plains.
Send this user an email