• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

VP levels
06-16-2011, 05:09 AM,
VP levels
I have just played a scenario that was a bit off in VP levels and that made me think I recorded this as a major win because I wanted to rate it as it was.

My question is in particular for the older games where there are no head to head scenarios could there be a formula that could be used and agreed to adjust the VP levels for head to head.

Eg a major win may be 5000 points a minor 4000 draw 3000 etc so would a shift left ie 4000 would be a PBEM major win 3000 a minor 2000 a draw

Would that work do people think? I do think some scenarios need adjustment to be fair to the attacker as PBEM they have a harder time than v the AI even if they are playing me.
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2011, 05:41 AM,
RE: VP levels
I would guess whatever you and your opponent agrees on - I think just trying to us a fixed adjustment, percentage or whatever, wouldn't work well, but that is just my opinion. I have adjusted the achieved victory at the end in a few games if I felt my "skill" was responsible for no more than say a minor win but I got a major, but that was kind of random.

Anyway, tough call on how to adjust. I will say, however, that even with the older games, the attacker seems to have the advantage even in HTH, as an overall guide - that is how it seems to me, anyway.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply