• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question for JTS dev crew -map requests
06-15-2011, 01:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-15-2011, 06:30 PM by -72-.)
Question for JTS dev crew -map requests
Disclaimer: I know that they know that I know ... well, who to get in touch with, however maybe the answers might be of value to the community.

I know that in at least one prior thread it was alluded to as to what the criteria for requesting a map was.

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...ight=Libya

In my case, I have come across a map of the Derna area in a book, and would like to look into some scenario designing, -in this case an action (and probably some hypothetical actions) that occurred around the end of January 1941 (and involving the 6th Australian Division).

I have 2 ( technically 3 -as the area on the one period map I have is actually where 2 of the USGS maps come together -but I can work with those and create a blown up version of the area (mainly the topographical features), that this would require. The other map is one from a history book which is useful mainly for the built up areas and road/track network (as the USGS's maps would be more modern - these are at 1:250,000 scale).

I'm looking at maybe an area of about 45 x 45 miles, as what might be needed -this wasn't an area that was included on Ed's Compass project -but is basically up the road a ways to the west. It wouldn't have to join to the map he was using for the campaign, but the USGS maps I have do extend to the Tobruk area as well.

As always, much appreciated.

ST

Edit: Turns out that in theory it could be connected to the Mechili map from Tobruk '41. Just noticed that -as I was wanting to look up some oob info on the 9th Australian (unrelated to gaming).
Bydand
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply