• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

F 14: Metz should be worth something
09-20-2011, 04:19 AM,
RE: F 14: Metz should be worth something
(09-20-2011, 03:17 AM)FM WarB Wrote: If Tannenberg and F 14 were linked so the German player could decide if/what units to send east, That would be awesome!

I'm thinking that in a game, the Russians are going to have far fewer complications than in 1914; for example 1st and 2nd Armies are going to be cooperating! jonny :smoke:
Quote this message in a reply
09-21-2011, 09:50 AM,
Unless you create a team game with separate victory conditions for each Russian army....

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
09-22-2011, 04:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-22-2011, 04:06 AM by jonnymacbrown.)
(09-21-2011, 09:50 AM)Dog Soldier Wrote: Unless you create a team game with separate victory conditions for each Russian army....

Dog Soldier

Very interesting idea! Two Russian players vs. the A/I? A single German player vs two Russian players? Well done Dog Soldier! ;)

Well, who knows which FWWC title the future will bring. Tannenberg is on the list, sure, but you won't get any hints from me on which one is next. Big Grin

It seems to me that if this is to be a series, then going year by year would make the most sense as new tactics and weapons are introduced. jonny :cheeky:

11-05-2011, 03:03 PM,
"Well, who knows which FWWC title the future will bring. Tannenberg is on the list, sure, but you won't get any hints from me on which one is next." Big Grin

Dang if I could ever figure out the need for secrecy. In any case, since the team has already put so much effort into 1914 research, it wouldn't make any sense to let go of that and start researching something completely different. I just hope that the Tannenberg game isn't like F 40 when it was first introduced: Since the French lost that campaign the game was heavily weighted in favor of the Germans. Even after the updates attempted to rectify the situation somewhat, you still had, for example, the very same African organizations that are rated A & B in F 14 (the French won that one) are rated C & D in F 40 just because they lost, and for the same reason the Russians lost in 1914; being out maneuvered. It seems to me that the Russian units in T 14 would be just as good as the Germans (German I Korps A you got to figure) with the Russian weakness being command and not in quality. Just my opinion. jonny :whis:

11-05-2011, 05:32 PM,
Don't worry, I never consider which side won a historical victory when determining the quality levels of units. ;)
Send this user an email
11-10-2011, 11:51 PM,
my two rubles worth:

Russian infantry should be good at assault and defense but have lousy firepower. Their divisions will also be outgunned in arty and MGs. Their logistical shortcomings should be somehow modelled.

The Prussians, defending holy Prussian soil against the barbarians should have excellent morale.

If Rennenkamph and Samsanov are permitted to cooperate, it will still be tough for the Germans.
11-11-2011, 06:46 AM,
The 2 players v the AI idea has been sort of tried there is a scenario in Sicily where you play as the US north of a line and the Germans south of the line. That would work perhaps.

Come on VM we want this game Big Grin
11-11-2011, 08:34 AM,
"The Prussians, defending holy Prussian soil against the barbarians should have excellent morale."

The defense of Holy Prussian Soil. Yes Mike, we need this game! jonny Big Grin

(As I sit on the sunny side of Santa Barbara Street, das warmes wind komnt vons Meer, and it smells like the wind at Konigsberg so long ago, vor dem Kreig).
:(

11-11-2011, 08:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-11-2011, 08:40 AM by Volcano Man.)
No need for anyone to worry about Russian values / quality / OOB. As you can tell by the F14 notes, I put a great deal of thought into these things. The same will be true whenever I finally get around to modelling the T14. ;)
Send this user an email
11-11-2011, 09:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-11-2011, 09:11 AM by jonnymacbrown.)
"my two rubles worth:

Russian infantry should be good at assault and defense but have lousy firepower."

Somewhat like the French except for defense. And while I'm at it; a tactical observation about French firepower: You can get some rifle firepower out of a hex by stacking a few French infantry battalions together. Three together pack a goodly punch! Like for example 3 French battalions in the wood can deliver some heavy hits to German infantry in the clear. They are going to take some hits but sometimes you got to fire back. And sometimes you got no choice; if all the MG sections nearby have been wiped out, as 30-man sections tend to do. :smoke: