• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Pacific War IJA and Vietnam / Tour of Duty SEATO players wanted.
07-28-2011, 09:51 PM,
RE: Pacific War IJA and Vietnam / Tour of Duty SEATO players wanted.
(07-27-2011, 06:32 PM)warkjohn Wrote: I have "Vietnam / Tour of Duty" only pls send me a game
Thanks

I have come to the conclusion that the Vietnam in that system is represented quite poorly - the level of casualties usually taken by the SEATO side is typical rather for such battles as the ambush at LZ Albany or Hamburger Hill than most of the historic engagements of the theater and era. I was trying to offset that commandind the SEATO forces, but failed. Still if You can afford to take such horrible losses I'll see what I can do to multiply them even more. Wait one.
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2011, 11:02 PM,
(07-28-2011, 09:51 PM)burroughs Wrote:
(07-27-2011, 06:32 PM)warkjohn Wrote: I have "Vietnam / Tour of Duty" only pls send me a game
Thanks

I have come to the conclusion that the Vietnam in that system is represented quite poorly - the level of casualties usually taken by the SEATO side is typical rather for such battles as the ambush at LZ Albany or Hamburger Hill than most of the historic engagements of the theater and era. I was trying to offset that commandind the SEATO forces, but failed. Still if You can afford to take such horrible losses I'll see what I can do to multiply them even more. Wait one.

You do realize that a casualty in the SB engine is represented as a combination of killed/wounded, etc. They are not all considered to be KIA, but they are considered to be out of action for the engagement.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
07-29-2011, 09:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2011, 09:09 PM by burroughs.)
Aw, yes, siree, I usually deem it like that yet from my SP days where I also used to compare the losses level for my force with the historic data and I came to the consideration or read somewhere that the personnel missing numbers have to represent all categories - KIA, MIA, WIA etc. including stragglers I think ( yet those have to reappear somewhere some time unless they're not AWOL ... ); I guess that disruption means not only an impeding breakdown of morale , but also inability to carry on participating in combat action in full capacity due to the tending to and handling of wounded and shellshocked etc. Still there is no way to limit combat fatalities if You stumble on a hex in which there is about ten booby traps or claymores place ( daisy chained or something? ... ). Dunno, it doesn't feel right for some reason; mybe I am wrong or I have a wrong picture, but I have read lots of books on the subject and seen numerous documentaries so unless a vet balsts me I stick to my view.
07-30-2011, 05:26 AM,
Thanks

What's Your e-mail account address then, pal? Can't find anywhere here ...