• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dutch Grenadier vs Daisy AAR (well sort of)
06-06-2011, 06:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-06-2011, 06:31 AM by Dutch Grenadier.)
Dutch Grenadier vs Daisy AAR (well sort of)
Greetings all,

I played a QB against Daisy with the following settings: pbem
Battle type: Random
Battle size: Small
Length of battle: 30min
Map size: Medium
Enviroment: Random
Month: August
Daylight: Random
Weather: Random
Rarity: standard
Axis vs Allies ofc (I'm an Axis player)
Combat force: Mix
Unit purchase: Human
Map preview: yes

I had a platoon of Marder III tankdestroyer
1 Pz IV late
a PzGrenadier platoon
1 pionier squad and a small MG

In Turn 3 my Marders are making it up the hill. Once on top I see 4 Shermans passing about 90m out with their side armor towards my guns. You might think that they all gota 75mm round in their side... BUT no... my Marders were still moving and the turrets of the Shermans turned towards me and got the first shot. 3 Marders knocked out and 1 in revers/shaken. This one got knocked out in the next turn. Same goes for the Pz IV. Leaving me with only a few panzerfausts. Wich had no effect against the tanks and my infantry was shot to pieces.

I surrendered in turn 7. Ill take revenge in a new battle against Daisy and learned a good leason... I will never take tankdestroyers in the offensive. Even how cheap they might be Big Grin
Live is ours, we life it our way!

[07-06-2011] quote from my wife: "Off to bed children, daddy wants to have a nice relaxing evening of combat"  -Damn I love her- :Grin2:

[email protected] 
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2011, 02:34 PM,
RE: Dutch Grenadier vs Daisy AAR (well sort of)
Marders are quite efficient for their price even in the offensive if properly employed.As long as you don't expect miracles from them ;) Your mistake in this particular case was you issued a fast/quick order,i believe,instead of 'hunt'.A covered arc might have also helped;the spotting chances would had been higher.Most likely the outcome had been different if they'd be 'hunting' thus stopping and firing when they acquired a target rather than continue moving and be blown to pieces.
Send this user an email
06-06-2011, 04:31 PM,
I used the "move" order because I did not expect his troops so soon. My plan was to "hunt" down the hill. I was just bad luck.
Live is ours, we life it our way!

[07-06-2011] quote from my wife: "Off to bed children, daddy wants to have a nice relaxing evening of combat"  -Damn I love her- :Grin2:

[email protected] 
06-07-2011, 08:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-07-2011, 08:23 PM by Bert Blitzkrieg.)
(06-06-2011, 02:34 PM)raz_atoth Wrote: Marders are quite efficient for their price even in the offensive if properly employed.As long as you don't expect miracles from them ;)

Are Marders more worth in CMBN then they were in CMAK/CMBB ? I mean: can they hold their own better in CMBN? In CMAK/CMBB it seemed they had shell magnets built into them. They were hit first shot and killed (at least it felt that way :)) while they often had an equal because of surprise and their good gun.

06-07-2011, 09:12 PM,
Hey Bert!Nice to see you made it to the CMBN forum ;)
Define 'more worth' :) They die just as easily as a stug/panzer 4.If a Sherman fired you're most likely dead no matter where you are.Just like in cmbb/cmak it all comes down to cost:
Panzer 4-about 250 points
Stug -about 290
Marder- about 120

As a personal preference i'd preffer two marders providing cover against armored threats than just one Pz4/stug.But this also applied to cmbb/cmak....
Send this user an email
06-07-2011, 10:23 PM,
Plus if you can get the Marder positioned in some woods where it can move forward fire a few rounds and move back, the woods protect it fairly well, until Arty shows up:)..

This works good for other units... with the new commands, you can move 'Slow' forward 'Fire Target', with a puase of 20 sec, and then move 'Reverse'.. works like a shoot and scoot... or you can advance this way through a town by slow moving pausing for 15 seconds target a building, move, target... This way depending on unit ROF you could possibly have 4 targets on a single turn (at least thats the most I have gotten to work):cool2:... great for surpression...

I agree Raz two Marder (in a defensive situation) is better off then a PzIV... IMHO
***** Fredrocker's Combat Mission Site *****"Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care." - Theodore Roosevelt
Send this user an email