• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Is this CM:BN too accurate?
05-29-2011, 11:49 PM,
Is this CM:BN too accurate?
I had a bazooka team hiding in the woods, looking at the beautiful purple flowers, when suddenly an armoured car pulls into view at 214m away. My man aims high, pulls the trigger and I watch a beautiful trajectory arc high up in the sky and land with deadly accuracy destroying it's intended target.

I know that one shot is not indicative of how the game will play, so let's use this thread to share experiences of what we think should not have happened.

Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2011, 12:31 AM,
RE: Is this CM:BN too accurate?
I had one zook team engaging a Tiger from a distance less than 100 meters,they missed twice and didnt live long to tell it.For the record the Tiger tank was immobilised after a hail of rifle grenades and grenades as 2 squads assaulted it( but not before killing around a dozen paratroopers).
05-30-2011, 10:59 AM,
It's game-play balanced. Explosives are more effective in this game, and if AT guns and bazookas were only as accurate as CMx1, then they would get crushed by tank fire.
05-31-2011, 08:06 AM,
(05-30-2011, 10:59 AM)FragerZ Wrote: It's game-play balanced. Explosives are more effective in this game, and if AT guns and bazookas were only as accurate as CMx1, then they would get crushed by tank fire.

Never thought of that. Makes sense. We'll see how the game play turns out.
06-01-2011, 05:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-01-2011, 05:35 AM by Barre.)
(05-30-2011, 10:59 AM)FragerZ Wrote: It's game-play balanced. Explosives are more effective in this game, and if AT guns and bazookas were only as accurate as CMx1, then they would get crushed by tank fire.

i disagree, let's keep these things historical accurate, next we know we make frontal sherman armour of 150mm because they get destroyed too easily, just for balancing...explosives where deadly, so where hand held AT weapons but everything at the proper ranges please.maximum range and effective range are 2 different things alltogether.

accurate historical effective ranges would be around 60meter, i read about veterans saying you had to be a bit suicidal to effectively use the hand held anti-tank weapons and they wherent very much liked, off course he was talking about the PIAT but i guess it goes for all types.off course these are just my 2 cents, i didnt do extensive testing on the things to be sure.

Cheers,
Barre

06-01-2011, 12:49 PM,
I've seen bazookas/shreks often miss.Especially from ranges greater than 100m.Sometimes even below that.
However,AT guns and armor does seem to be quite accurate no mater the range/weather/conditions.Probably in 95% of cases if it fired,it hit it's target.I have no data or knowledge on which to claim this is realistic or not.But is definitely a change from CM1 where the probability to hit the target was lower.
Send this user an email
06-02-2011, 07:40 AM,
(05-29-2011, 11:49 PM)Herr Klopek Wrote: I had a bazooka team hiding in the woods, looking at the beautiful purple flowers, when suddenly an armoured car pulls into view at 214m away. My man aims high, pulls the trigger and I watch a beautiful trajectory arc high up in the sky and land with deadly accuracy destroying it's intended target.

Give the Tube Guy a medal...

I think you will see over time that something like that shot will be a rare occurance, unless of course all my tube guys I have been using are blind...:cool2:

***** Fredrocker's Combat Mission Site *****"Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care." - Theodore Roosevelt
Send this user an email
06-02-2011, 01:37 PM,
(06-02-2011, 07:40 AM)Fredrocker Wrote:
(05-29-2011, 11:49 PM)Herr Klopek Wrote: I had a bazooka team hiding in the woods, looking at the beautiful purple flowers, when suddenly an armoured car pulls into view at 214m away. My man aims high, pulls the trigger and I watch a beautiful trajectory arc high up in the sky and land with deadly accuracy destroying it's intended target.

Give the Tube Guy a medal...

I think you will see over time that something like that shot will be a rare occurance, unless of course all my tube guys I have been using are blind...:cool2:

Believe it or not but it was the very first time I had a unit shoot a bazooka that's why I started this thread...just to see what others have experienced. Raz posted something about AT guns and Armour being much more accurate....that I think is more realistic than CMx1 They should be pretty accurate at ranges of less that 500m. I think armour (so far as I've played it) is modeled really well...but the infantry needs more work.

No complaints from me though as I'm having a ton of fun playing BN and probably will only play CMx1 games only with playing partners who don't have the game.