• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

COMPUTER CRASH Turn delay Tide1 & Archlight
05-22-2011, 02:30 AM,
COMPUTER CRASH Turn delay Tide1 & Archlight
Gary/Chris

My computer crashed late last night. Caught a nasty virus that made it appear that all my files were gone. The repair guy thinks he can retrieve the family pics as well as my downloaded music.

However I can not access any old email. I can retrieve NEW email so if you resend the last turn perhaps I can play on my wife's laptop.

If not it will be mid week or end of next week before I can play.

Already having withdrawls.

Sorry guys.
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2011, 04:36 AM,
RE: COMPUTER CRASH Turn delay Tide1 & Archlight
Yikes! :eek1:
Just when the world was supposed to end? :chin:

How ironic! :pullhair:Whip

Though, it does sound like your tech can get all your stuff back up? Toast

cheers

HSL
05-24-2011, 08:25 AM,
Got it back tonight. Saved everything except games. Just started downloading update.

It is slow. It says it is transfering but do not see the slide bar moving indicating I am making progress.

Is this normal??
05-24-2011, 11:41 AM,
Might be normal, but under the circumstances...

Try going to speedtest.net and see if your speed up and down is normal. If it is, then it's Matrix's server.

Did your guy wipe the drive and start fresh, or did he just fix it? If he just "fixed" it, you run the risk of still having the problem, especially if it's a root kit.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
05-24-2011, 12:09 PM,
(05-24-2011, 11:41 AM)Scud Wrote: Did your guy wipe the drive and start fresh, or did he just fix it? If he just "fixed" it, you run the risk of still having the problem, especially if it's a root kit.

Dave

Not sure Dave but yes problems might resume. Might be time for a new one then. I got game reloaded & updated. Appreciate the reply/suggestion.

Gary, Chris fire away!

Thanks again. Jack