• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Squad Leader (Avalon Hill Board Game)
05-17-2011, 05:55 PM,
RE: Squad Leader (Avalon Hill Board Game)
Yeh I've just been playing by myself to relearn the rules. If anyone knows of some solitaire scenarios or particular rules, that would be cool. Mind you I only have the basic squad leader box. Cheers
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2011, 07:04 PM,
(05-17-2011, 11:21 AM)Tide1 Wrote:
(05-17-2011, 09:05 AM)Warhorse Wrote: Yep, actually started using ASL rules when I got into 1/285th microarmor, we had quite a few really cool games that way. One was outside, what a blast!! 5 inches was a 40 meter hex, worked well, I knew the rules really well, so I GM'd AND played, speeding up the whole process. Still have SL and ASL, actually I have 4-5 ASL games in total, I liked HUGE battles!! Bought the solitaire system and used to lay out monsters on a ping-pong tabel, and play them, cool times....

Mike

The old ping pong table...I used to set up a mix of SL and ASL boards for the summer in the garage and just play a monster game. If someone wanted to play that was fine but most of the time it was solitaire. Aside from the investment in boards and game pieces the hundred bucks for that ping pong table was well worth it Big Grin cheers

Gary

We had a game store in town where the guys gathered to play SL. The greatest game was a double blind 5x5 (yes, complete with two sets of maps and a wall between the players) where the GM used to put out a blank piece and say "you see the enemy here but you cannot get a read on just what they are".
The wall was just short of eye level so that you can see your opponent's eyes when you stood up. That was an added bonus to game. We laughed at each other when we saw the fear and frustration. Until those BT's turned into SU 152's.

Ah, those were the days. :bow:

Switched to miniatures until it got too time consuming. And, I found CS.:smoke:

cheers

HSL
05-18-2011, 08:26 AM,
Yeah, gotta admit CS is much more easy to play, and has so many more units. Now, if I could just quit tinkering with the damn game and actually play it.....!!!!

Mike
05-18-2011, 04:57 PM,
Ahh you love it Mike