• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

MW scenario: Operation Sea Dragon
03-20-2011, 03:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-05-2011, 11:47 AM by Wolfgang.)
MW scenario: Operation Sea Dragon
Recently modified to version 7.
~March 30, 2011

* This is a huge scenario with each side wielding roughly a Battalion's worth of forces on a fairly large map.
* I'm working on a cut down draft of the scenario with about 100 men less on each side.
* This could possibly be split up into several scenarios rather than one large one.

=======================

Inspired by the news lately, I made up this first scenario for modern war. (There is an H2H version one uploaded for 'official' testing.)

Its a simulated MEU amphibious assault (hovercrafts) into a mediterranean coastal city.

Its my first scenario and i put a lot of time into the order of battle and had much less time left over to put into the map and objectives.

I'll keep workin on it.

It may play like a total joke - then again it may actually play ok too.
The only hovercraft available to me was not the LCAC at least as far as I can tell.

If you just wanted to play it for fun you can download it from my files section:
!Operation_SeaDragon.scn

=====================
Operation Sea Dragon:
5th Fleet Expeditionary Strike Group.
2nd Marine Expeditionary Unit Special Forces Capable. Kearsarge. Somewhere in the mediterranean.

In accordance with the recent U.N. Security Council Resolution, we are authorized to conduct immediate action to stop an international crisis from unfolding in the coastal city of Mizghazi. Our mission is to sieze the local airfield, setup a base of operations for follow on forces and provide cover for the main assault force landing to the north. UAV reconnaisance indicates a Republican Guard armored column led by Pan-african legion paramilitary units have just entered the area of operations. If we fail in our mission - countless lives will be lost.

====================
ENEMY Briefing: We are at the gates of Mizghazi! Press home our attack!! Show them no mercy. Forget the U.N. Resolution! How pathetic, they have run out of time.... Attack them and show them no pity. We must cleanse the city of terrorists, foreign spies and colonialists. They only seek to steal our riches, our oil! Now I have paid you well, given you the best tanks, machines guns, rpgs and seaside condos. All the wealth of that rebel city is yours for the taking. Wipe them out! all of them...

* By modeling a modern combat situation I do not mean to make light of the very real and tragic fallout of war... real lives are lost and broken and the echoes of war live on in the lives of those affected - thats no joke and its certainly no game. May god bless them all.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2011, 05:33 AM,
RE: MW scenario: Operation Sea Dragon
Hey I already updated it - cleared out the map a bit, added some labels. basic elements are all there now.

again, im new to scenarios in sqb so it may not work that great but it is fun to play with the hardware.
Send this user an email
03-23-2011, 10:31 PM,
Hey I updated this scenario (mark 7) and scripted out the AI for both sides.

Give it a try - its in the H2H section for testing but you can also DL it from my files section.

Just unzip the stuff into your modern war directory and your good to go.
Send this user an email
03-24-2011, 05:31 AM,
gonna need more AI scripting work - the enemy rushes the first obj too early. will have a better ver out in a day or two.><
Send this user an email
03-26-2011, 01:05 AM,
(03-24-2011, 05:31 AM)Ironwulf Wrote: gonna need more AI scripting work - the enemy rushes the first obj too early. will have a better ver out in a day or two.><

Hi Ironwolf, I cannot find your scenario. Looked in H2H testing but it is not listed, do you have a web site?
03-26-2011, 03:02 PM,
Thx for your interest!

I'm taking a few days to go through the scripting plus the Order of Battle needed a few details folded in.

Will have a version out soon.
Send this user an email
03-26-2011, 09:47 PM,
(03-26-2011, 01:05 AM)billk1 Wrote:
(03-24-2011, 05:31 AM)Ironwulf Wrote: gonna need more AI scripting work - the enemy rushes the first obj too early. will have a better ver out in a day or two.><

Hi Ironwolf, I cannot find your scenario. Looked in H2H testing but it is not listed, do you have a web site?

Alright! Operation Sea Dragon 2010 (version 7) is ready to roll. I have it in the H2H section for testing but feel free to download it from my file section.

It should be playable vs. the AI for either side.

And yep - i'd love to get a website rolling sometime soon (been trying to find a fast site builder with forums and a web-host).
Send this user an email
03-31-2011, 10:26 AM,
Anyone wanna give this a go off-the-ladder? Any side is good for me. Just send a mail and we'll set up a match.
Send this user an email
05-11-2011, 11:28 PM,
I highly recommend this to all. I played this H2H with Ironwulf and it's a showcase of modern hardware in action.
Send this user an email
05-20-2011, 07:08 AM,
Thx Jomni.

I updated this based on our replay.

Its renamed: Sea Serpent 2010
Order of Battle was updated too.

Its all packaged together as a zip file in my files section.

I removed the recon unit and increased the morale of the enemy. Also adjusted objective values to offset enemy armor losses.
Send this user an email