• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Best WW2 Sqb game?
05-08-2011, 01:25 AM,
Best WW2 Sqb game?
Well its totally subjective but... if you were stranded with only 1 ww2 era Squad Battles game - which would be it?

Also have to factor in that the island your on would mysteriously have a solar powered internet connection thus enabling pbem play.
Shark
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2011, 04:45 AM,
RE: Best WW2 Sqb game?
Hi Wulf!

To me it's a tie between Red Victory and The Proud and the Few. Red Victory is a fascinating game with lots of challenging scenarios, while The Proud and the Few is a game set in the Pacific. I have played the Betio scenario countless times. My all time favourite SqB scenario..... :smoke:
05-08-2011, 05:04 AM,
TO me my favorites with the slight edge going to Eagle Strike followed by Red Victory
05-08-2011, 12:09 PM,
I find it hard to split. At a push I suppose I would pump for Eagles Strike followed closely (in no specific order) by Red Victory, Pacific War, and Proud and the Few.

RV is a superb title but ES has had a head start with numerous add on scenarios and graphic mods.

I'm glad Atle mentioned Proud and the Few. I think this is one title that gets left in the background of the more high profile European theatres. But she is another title that I really enjoy. Some very good scenarios and great fun.
05-08-2011, 10:30 PM,
Red Victory for me, head and shoulders above anything else out. Not just because of obvious advantage of being newest but multitude of excellent pbem scns
244 games with legend that is Richie61
05-09-2011, 03:07 AM,
My preferred would be Pacific War, but the much better balance and attention to detail of the scenarios in RV make me say RV.
05-10-2011, 05:50 AM,
Red Victory for many of the reasons above. Ozgur in his element on the Eastern Front, and the scenarios show it.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
05-12-2011, 11:12 AM,
Being the latest WW2 game, Red Victory scenario design is outstanding. You can't go wrong.

I would have voted Eagle Strike but the stock scenarios have funny scenario design and victory conditions (you can win without doing anything). But Eagle Strike has the most user-made scenarios.
Send this user an email
05-13-2011, 03:04 AM,
Red Victory by a long shot for me, the vast number of high quality scenarios is incredible for the price. Eagles Strike for its flexibility and user content would be second.
05-13-2011, 04:26 AM,
I have a very hard time trying to single out "the best" since I really enjoy all of the WWII titles.