• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Best WW2 Sqb game? - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Squad Battles (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Best WW2 Sqb game? (/showthread.php?tid=58766)

Pages: 1 2

Best WW2 Sqb game? - Wolfgang - 05-08-2011

Well its totally subjective but... if you were stranded with only 1 ww2 era Squad Battles game - which would be it?

Also have to factor in that the island your on would mysteriously have a solar powered internet connection thus enabling pbem play.
Shark

RE: Best WW2 Sqb game? - Atle - 05-08-2011

Hi Wulf!

To me it's a tie between Red Victory and The Proud and the Few. Red Victory is a fascinating game with lots of challenging scenarios, while The Proud and the Few is a game set in the Pacific. I have played the Betio scenario countless times. My all time favourite SqB scenario..... :smoke:

RE: Best WW2 Sqb game? - Landser34 - 05-08-2011

TO me my favorites with the slight edge going to Eagle Strike followed by Red Victory

RE: Best WW2 Sqb game? - Nikb - 05-08-2011

I find it hard to split. At a push I suppose I would pump for Eagles Strike followed closely (in no specific order) by Red Victory, Pacific War, and Proud and the Few.

RV is a superb title but ES has had a head start with numerous add on scenarios and graphic mods.

I'm glad Atle mentioned Proud and the Few. I think this is one title that gets left in the background of the more high profile European theatres. But she is another title that I really enjoy. Some very good scenarios and great fun.

RE: Best WW2 Sqb game? - Laza - 05-08-2011

Red Victory for me, head and shoulders above anything else out. Not just because of obvious advantage of being newest but multitude of excellent pbem scns

RE: Best WW2 Sqb game? - jmlima - 05-09-2011

My preferred would be Pacific War, but the much better balance and attention to detail of the scenarios in RV make me say RV.

RE: Best WW2 Sqb game? - TheBigRedOne - 05-10-2011

Red Victory for many of the reasons above. Ozgur in his element on the Eastern Front, and the scenarios show it.

RE: Best WW2 Sqb game? - jomni - 05-12-2011

Being the latest WW2 game, Red Victory scenario design is outstanding. You can't go wrong.

I would have voted Eagle Strike but the stock scenarios have funny scenario design and victory conditions (you can win without doing anything). But Eagle Strike has the most user-made scenarios.

RE: Best WW2 Sqb game? - gabeeg - 05-13-2011

Red Victory by a long shot for me, the vast number of high quality scenarios is incredible for the price. Eagles Strike for its flexibility and user content would be second.

RE: Best WW2 Sqb game? - Compass Rose - 05-13-2011

I have a very hard time trying to single out "the best" since I really enjoy all of the WWII titles.