• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bolt out of the Blue
05-02-2011, 08:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-02-2011, 08:51 PM by Mike Bowen.)
Bolt out of the Blue
I want to start a game but I think there may be an update due soon anyone have any info?

Mike
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2011, 06:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-03-2011, 06:23 PM by Aaron.)
RE: Bolt out of the Blue
I actually got home tonight for the first time in 10 days and even opend up the files for the first time in i dont know how long to figure out where i left off, I cant promise anything but maybe by this weekend.

Aaron

1. Adjustments to GDR artillery. Got a little more info and fine tuned it and everything within numbers now. All Pz Rgts have 12 2s1s, i had one to many art Bns at Div level for the 5 reserve divs and i had always been 1 Bn of 2s3s over and since there was only 6 regular divs and only 5 2s3 Bns ive made an educated guess that the 1st Mot div had 152mm D-20s instead since it was assigned to attack Berlin and wouldnt have needed that extra maneuverability.
2. Lower digging-in to 15%, this means you have a 45% chance to dig in and this doubles with an engineer unit present. There was really no issue with this but i didnt like having a 100% variable when an engineer is present(nothing should be 100% on the battlefield) this makes it 90% so theres a slight chance they wont dig in. It also makes Engineers a tad more important which i also like.
3. Ive pinpointed the Hungarian Airborne unit, it wasnt the 37th like i had or the 24th or 27th like other info had it as, it was the 34.Felderíto Zászlóalj. I actually had this unit listed in my Hungarian oob but took more digging to find out it was airborne qualified and it wasnt a mass airdrop unit as before but it was Long Range Recon unit, ive read in the early 80s it got a secondary mission of knocking out HQs or SSMs so ive made them a Recon type SF unit and eliminated the Airdrop strategy for them and added them into the SGF strategy. (80 men x 3 com)
4. Austrian Higher level HQs lowered 1 in AA value from 5-1 to 4-1,and lowered Landwehrregiment HQs from 5-1 to 2-0.Changed FlussperrKp from a 3-0 to a 4-1
5. American tank changes, (1).The 1-70,3-70 and 3-77 Bn of 5ID went from M1A1s to M1s.The 1-156 Armor Bn(NG) of 5ID was transitioning from M60A1s to M1s from June till August 89 so ive reverted them from M60A3s to M60A1s(2).A redesignation of the 1-13 to 2-37 in 1ARM and (3).The 2-252 of 2ARM still had the old structure of 17x3.
6. HeimatschutzRgt 81 had the mortar/AAA units as the 5th company in each Bn and had no rgt level mortar/AAA unit,so while manpower went up per company it lost 1 company to 225x3.
7. The Amphib invasion notice is now a fixed unit like i thought it was.
8. The US 3-44 and 5-44 ADA Bn were assigned to protect Ramstein AB and Spangdahlem AB respectively so ive removed them from the map and made them reinforcements that will show up sometime on the 12th. As for the WGerm FlaRakGrp 42 and Flugabwehrstaffel MFG 1(Rolands mounted on MAN8x8s) ive placed them on the map on the airbases they were suppose to
defend and fixed them intill 0400 on the 12th or if spotted.
9. Done away with Spetsnaz (Recon) units, now they are all the normal Spetsnaz units with an attack range of 2, also added the 510 obSpN to the 3 obrSpN.
10.Some changes to the Hungarian oob/to&e. Ive been trying to understand the reserve system and from what i can tell it had to do with strategic direction which places the 1st Army as most important than 2nd and 3rd, but all Armies were active just 2.Hadtest needed a few more reserves to get up to strength than the 1.Hadtest and 3.Hadtest a few more than the 2.Hadtest, so they all needed reserves just in different numbers, you can also see the importance between them by seeing the better equip units in 1.Hadtest, and Hungarian engineers were considered the best in the WP so thier morale is set up a level.
11.Reorg of the Soviet Marine Brigade 336 Gv.OBrMP
12.Found some of the missing unit numbers for the Soviet rocket Bns
13.Changed AT guns from 14DEF to 20DEF, made all the sense in the world to me for them to have the same defensive value as deployed infantry, it does raise its def in travel mode to 10 and i would prefer it to stay at 7 but i can live with that.
Rangers Lead the Way
05-04-2011, 08:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-04-2011, 10:41 AM by Aaron.)
Working on it as we speak. Double checking everything, on number 8 in the change log to make sure its all done.

Should be up sometime tonight. Have a couple graphics to create still

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
05-04-2011, 03:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-04-2011, 07:57 PM by Aaron.)
Almost got it. Rapidshare has changed policy's once again. Gotta look around. Trying megaupload

Try this

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EBNBFIWT

Some people have ask in the past to make smaller scenarios off of this and i say go ahead, i have no problem with it and while i cant say it will never be updated again ill say it wont unless a problem arises or Tiller comes out with another MC that adds to the map or some rule changes that i can play with then ull probably see an update but the info on the oob has dried up and its a very solid oob in my opinion from everything ive learned in the last many years, not just the oob but also the new values i believe do a great job representing the different vehicles and different types of units. Its a balanced scenario and realistic and what i think is most important is the game will change everytime you play, there is no right strategy to employ. Do i fall back or move forward from the start and the options in the different strategys themselves have many different right options not one that you will pick everytime. I do wish we could recombine units after breaking them down but i still think it was the better of the 2 options, who knows maybe someday we will be able to recombine them with a rule change....
Rangers Lead the Way
05-05-2011, 05:02 AM,
I must say Aaron, this is as good as any game in the series. It could have been a stand alone release. Great job!
05-05-2011, 05:46 AM,
Congrats Aaron!

Will you start working in another project now?
05-06-2011, 07:03 AM,
Hi,

Since you changed the .oob, I assume we cannot update games in progress. Is that correct?

We're running 4.61 in team game and the detail is very immersive. Nice work!

Fury
05-06-2011, 11:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2011, 11:37 AM by Aaron.)
No I don't believe games can be updated that are in progress. There is not a whole lot of changes between versions so I wouldn't even worry about it. Overall the changes in 4.7 make it a Tad tougher on NATO but I mean its a Tad. If anything all players might be able to change the digging in value in the .pdt and get away with it but I'd ask the experts or test it first.

Aaron
(05-05-2011, 05:46 AM)P.Ako Wrote: Congrats Aaron!

Will you start working in another project now?

I have Korea 89 up and working in alpha stage but it needs a lot of changes and fixes to be made playable and I just haven't had time to do anything that's not paying me to sit around and do. The women's 2 months pregnant and I've been working non stop. Good news is i quit this week and gonna find something local that pays 1/4 as much but at least ill be home. But u never know I might sit down one day and 3 days later I might have something to test. But I am looking for a job maybe Glenn will hire me then I'd be making millions like him. Lol
Rangers Lead the Way
05-06-2011, 04:46 PM,
(05-02-2011, 08:50 PM)Mike Bowen Wrote: I want to start a game but I think there may be an update due soon anyone have any info?

Mike

Mike, you want to try this perhaps?

Mail/PM if interrested