• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Making Scenarios
05-08-2011, 04:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-08-2011, 04:38 AM by RADO.)
RE: Making Scenarios
New question guys ...

Initially I put foot leaders into a scenario when they need to be motorized. I went to the OB file, deleted & replaced with proper leaders. Went to scenario file & deleted leaders from map.

When I re-open up scenario file, the new leaders are not shown in the forces dialog box and the old ones are.

I'm not sure what I have done wrong. My OB file shows the new leaders and not the old ones but the scenario file still has the old ones and not the new ones.

:conf:
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2011, 05:46 AM,
One can sure make a mess with this ...

I may have found the issue, but have no idea how to correct. Initial file was Test1 (all 3 files; org, map & scn). When I started making changes I saved as Test2 (all 3 files).

When I have Test2 scenario editor open and display file names, the editor is still pointing to test 1&2 map & org files.

How does one correct this?

:hissy:
Send this user an email
05-08-2011, 07:08 AM,
Looking into this further, it appears that when a scenario is made, the scenario file is hard coded to a map and org file (which should be changed if that is the case, allowing one to change the map & org file that goes with a particular scenario file).

If this is not so, could someone tell me how to change it?

In the examples I cited above, even though I made modifications to Test1 map & org files, saving them as test2, the test2 scenario file still points to test1 map & org.

The reason changing which files the scenario file points to would be beneficial is someone can play test a scenario and make changes as one goes along into a new file name of the same scenariio, while still playing the original scenario that does not reflect the changes.

Hopefully, someone knows how to change the coding, solving the issue.
Send this user an email
05-08-2011, 07:51 AM,
You can change the map and the organisation as much as you want. You just can't change the names of those files. However, I am only interested in doing historical scens, so changes to the .map, once complete should not be necessary. I may do some jiggling and juggling with the OOB, but the name remains unchanged. Remember there is capacity within the Scen Editor to change SPs and morale of elements, and to start them off disrupted and fatigued.
05-08-2011, 08:01 AM,
(05-08-2011, 07:51 AM)K K Rossokolski Wrote: You can change the map and the organisation as much as you want. You just can't change the names of those files. However, I am only interested in doing historical scens, so changes to the .map, once complete should not be necessary. I may do some jiggling and juggling with the OOB, but the name remains unchanged. Remember there is capacity within the Scen Editor to change SPs and morale of elements, and to start them off disrupted and fatigued.

Like I said, I think it's hard coded, and that's a shame, for reasons already explained. The SP's and morale of untis has nothing to do with the issue.

I cannot imagine setting up the coding in this manner. One should be able to make a scenario file point to any org or map file one desires.
Send this user an email
05-08-2011, 08:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-08-2011, 05:35 PM by Von Earlmann.)
[/quote]

Like I said, I think it's hard coded, and that's a shame, for reasons already explained. The SP's and morale of untis has nothing to do with the issue.

I cannot imagine setting up the coding in this manner. One should be able to make a scenario file point to any org or map file one desires.
[/quote]

You can.....just open the .scn file using word pad and change the map and OOB file names to any desired........

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
05-08-2011, 09:09 AM,
(05-08-2011, 08:47 AM)Von Earlmann Wrote: You can.....just open the .scn file using word pad and change the map and OOB file names to any desired...VE

Yes, That's precisely the way to "fix" it. But as KKR mentioned, you typically shouldn't need to alter the .org and .map files once they are done, apart from casualt tweaking.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
05-08-2011, 09:15 AM,

[/quote]

You can.....just open the .scn file using word pad and change the map and OOB file names to any desired........I guess now you are finding out that all the CS scenarios you criticize involved more than meets the eye :-)

VE
[/quote]

Word Pad doesn't do any good:

"11
West Front
0 0 0 60
0 0 0 0 20
0 0 6 2 80 80
0 0 0 0 0
100 100 0 0
]n|};7vjy
}n|};7x{p
3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3
3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3
0 0 0 0

0 -1
1"

Not sure what you mean by your other comment.
Send this user an email
05-08-2011, 09:18 AM,
(05-08-2011, 09:15 AM)RADO Wrote: Word Pad doesn't do any good:

Word Pad and Note Pad work wonders, you just have to know what you're looking for.

Send me the files and I'll fix them for you.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
05-08-2011, 09:20 AM,
(05-08-2011, 09:18 AM)Jason Petho Wrote:
(05-08-2011, 09:15 AM)RADO Wrote: Word Pad doesn't do any good:

Word Pad and Note Pad work wonders, you just have to know what you're looking for.

Send me the files and I'll fix them for you.

Jason Petho

Thanks, but I'd prefer to learn how to do it myself. Opening up the file in word pad gives what I showed you above.
Send this user an email