• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Making Scenarios
04-26-2011, 05:52 AM,
RE: Making Scenarios
(04-26-2011, 03:02 AM)Jason Petho Wrote: Good day.

If you wish, I can call you this evening and I can go through a step-by-step over the phone.

Jason Petho

Hey, :( , you never ...ever... said you would call me. :cheeky:Whip:bow:

cheers

HSL
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2011, 06:00 AM,
(04-26-2011, 05:52 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: Hey, :( , you never ...ever... said you would call me.

It is a new service I am providing to help out.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
04-26-2011, 06:02 AM,
A nice personal touch! :smoke:

cheers

HSL
04-26-2011, 11:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-26-2011, 11:34 PM by RADO.)
Here's another question I have on this. :eek1:

When you are making the scenario and you have created your OB and are placing units on the map, you highlight the unit in the scenario dialogue box and then right click the map where you want the unit to go. Easy enough.

Is there an over all OB file in the game that corresponds to those being used to create your scenario OB (if so I can't find it) that can be exported into a text file (so I can then import into Excel)? This would allow one to easily keep track of what unit is initially where, and if a particular unit has been over looked for placement.

Right now, I don't see a good way in the software to track this.

Additionally, I seem to be having some difficulty "erasing" certain terrain from a map once placed. Terrain features like roads, embankments, etc, do not seem to be able to be removed once placed, or I am missing the edit key for that?

Hoping you have some good news for me.

Thanks in advance.

:conf:
Send this user an email
04-27-2011, 12:49 AM,
Have the same terrain element chosen (like "road", for an example), then click on the same hex you just put the road, but with the secondary mouse button.

That should do it I hope.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
04-27-2011, 12:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-27-2011, 12:53 AM by Jason Petho.)
(04-26-2011, 11:33 PM)RADO Wrote: Additionally, I seem to be having some difficulty "erasing" certain terrain from a map once placed. Terrain features like roads, embankments, etc, do not seem to be able to be removed once placed, or I am missing the edit key for that?

Once a terrain feature is selected: Left click to place terrain, right click to erase terrain.

Jason Petho
(04-26-2011, 11:33 PM)RADO Wrote: Here's another question I have on this. :eek1:
Is there an over all OB file in the game that corresponds to those being used to create your scenario OB (if so I can't find it) that can be exported into a text file (so I can then import into Excel)? This would allow one to easily keep track of what unit is initially where, and if a particular unit has been over looked for placement.

No, but you can use the "Find Org..." and Highlight Organization tools to figure out where the units you have placed are.

Alternatively, a sketch map with basic NATO symbols works quite well.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
04-27-2011, 04:04 AM,
(04-27-2011, 12:49 AM)Jason Petho Wrote:
(04-26-2011, 11:33 PM)RADO Wrote: Additionally, I seem to be having some difficulty "erasing" certain terrain from a map once placed. Terrain features like roads, embankments, etc, do not seem to be able to be removed once placed, or I am missing the edit key for that?

Once a terrain feature is selected: Left click to place terrain, right click to erase terrain.

Jason Petho
(04-26-2011, 11:33 PM)RADO Wrote: Here's another question I have on this. :eek1:

No, but you can use the "Find Org..." and Highlight Organization tools to figure out where the units you have placed are.

Alternatively, a sketch map with basic NATO symbols works quite well.

Jason Petho

Thank you Sir!

:)
Send this user an email
04-27-2011, 11:26 AM,
I'm coming along fine when I suddenly realize that the Allied forces have no leaders with their HQ units. The Germans do, so I thought this odd.

I go back and add leaders to the Allied OB but I cannot figure out how to add a specific leader to the corresponding Allied battalion or regimental command structure.

Help me out please.

:conf:
Send this user an email
04-27-2011, 12:10 PM,
(04-27-2011, 11:26 AM)RADO Wrote: I go back and add leaders to the Allied OB but I cannot figure out how to add a specific leader to the corresponding Allied battalion or regimental command structure.

Select a German leader from the left side of the Org editor and "move" it over to the right side, into your organization.

With the German leader selected, use the red arrows found at the top to move under the battalion/regiment you want the leader to be in command of

Use the arrow pointing to the right to place the commander into the organization structure

Then move the commander up (using the up arrow) the organizations so it sits directly under the battalion/regiment HQ.

Rinse, repeat.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
04-27-2011, 12:32 PM,
(04-27-2011, 12:10 PM)Jason Petho Wrote:
(04-27-2011, 11:26 AM)RADO Wrote: I go back and add leaders to the Allied OB but I cannot figure out how to add a specific leader to the corresponding Allied battalion or regimental command structure.

Select a German leader from the left side of the Org editor and "move" it over to the right side, into your organization.

With the German leader selected, use the red arrows found at the top to move under the battalion/regiment you want the leader to be in command of

Use the arrow pointing to the right to place the commander into the organization structure

Then move the commander up (using the up arrow) the organizations so it sits directly under the battalion/regiment HQ.

Rinse, repeat.

Jason Petho

Thank you vey much! The level of detail is amazing and it sure gives one a much better understanding and appreciation for some of the great scenarios I have played.

:bow:
Send this user an email