• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Making Scenarios
05-08-2011, 09:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-08-2011, 09:38 AM by Jason Petho.)
RE: Making Scenarios
(05-08-2011, 09:20 AM)RADO Wrote: Thanks, but I'd prefer to learn how to do it myself. Opening up the file in word pad gives what I showed you above.

Yes, I can understand that.

But I prefer not broadcasting to the world how to edit files in Word Pad/Note Pad as what people can learn here can be used to also edit game files.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2011, 09:49 AM,
(05-08-2011, 09:37 AM)Jason Petho Wrote:
(05-08-2011, 09:20 AM)RADO Wrote: Thanks, but I'd prefer to learn how to do it myself. Opening up the file in word pad gives what I showed you above.

Yes, I can understand that.

But I prefer not broadcasting to the world how to edit files in Word Pad/Note Pad as what people can learn here can be used to also edit game files.

Jason Petho

Yes, that crossed my mind. Files sent.

:)
Send this user an email
05-08-2011, 05:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-08-2011, 05:45 PM by Von Earlmann.)

Like I said, I think it's hard coded, and that's a shame, for reasons already explained. The SP's and morale of untis has nothing to do with the issue.

I cannot imagine setting up the coding in this manner. One should be able to make a scenario file point to any org or map file one desires.
[/quote]

You can.....just open the .scn file using word pad and change the map and OOB file names to any desired........

VE
[/quote]

I should have been more precise.......if you change the names of the OOB file it should be a version of the original OOB with no deleted units....while you can change to any OOB file using a different one will require you remove all existing units and reinforcements as they will be what I call ghost units.

While you can change to any map using one with different dimensions will of course drastically affect where existing units ,objectives,etc are placed on that map.

So, doing this might be the same as starting all over.

VE
(05-08-2011, 05:46 AM)RADO Wrote: One can sure make a mess with this ...

I may have found the issue, but have no idea how to correct. Initial file was Test1 (all 3 files; org, map & scn). When I started making changes I saved as Test2 (all 3 files).

When I have Test2 scenario editor open and display file names, the editor is still pointing to test 1&2 map & org files.

How does one correct this?

:hissy:

A word of caution here...when you use save as for an OOB you will in effect create a whole new OOB and the units in the scenario will become ghost units.....
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."