• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Cave rule question
04-24-2011, 03:02 PM,
Cave rule question
Hi everyone,

I'm having a slight problem with my interpretation of the rules on caves.

On page 45 of the users manual, opening paragraph on caves it states:

Caves are a specialized type of fortification. Cave effects only apply to non-Vehicle units of the owning side. When a Cave hex is occupied by the opposing side, it has no affect on those units.

Now that I have assaulted the cave hex, taken out the sniper and remain in the hex my unit derives no protection value from it? Am I understanding this correctly?
If this is the case then can I take it that it's the same as being in the clear protection wise?

Lastly, It would be nice if I could toss in a DC and seal it shut since this is what our forces did to caves once they took them or got close enough to. Outside the scope of the game, right?

Sorry if I am bringing up a topic that has been kicked about before but I did look for it,

Thanks,
Phil
Dog829
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it.
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2011, 11:10 PM,
RE: Cave rule question
I believe your interpretation of the cave rules are correct.

As for sealing them, you are right, it is out of the scope of the game, and would probably require more explosives than an individual in SB would carry. I doubt a satchel charge is powerful enough to seal the opening of a cave, especially a larger sized one. In many cases in the Pacific the US would seal them using bull-dozers after eliminating the initial threat with flame-throwers or explosives.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply