• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Happy Birthday Rick!!!
04-12-2011, 06:01 AM,
RE: Happy Birthday Rick!!!
Happy Birthday Rick!

After all his miles of biking Rick can easily blow out all the candles in one breath...at altitude (5,280)!
That is 1.609344 km for you Foul.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2011, 06:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-12-2011, 06:32 AM by Ricky B.)
Ah gents, I am going to need all my breath in 2 months, riding up into the mountains (to Echo Lake at about 10,700 feet in elevation -Dog Soldier knows where that is) with about 9800 feet of total elevation gain on the ride in 100 miles, I think I will need you then Foul, thanks - I can't wait for your next ski trip so I hope you can make it. And that is about 3 km in round numbers for those that think that way, not sure who that is - those Brits not only drive on the wrong side of everything including bike paths, but use a really bastardized mix of measurements also, I understand.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
04-12-2011, 07:00 AM,
Rick, just make sure those brakes on your bike are in tip-top condition! It sounds like you will be needing them....alot!!!
04-12-2011, 07:05 AM,
True, what goes up has to come back down and there are a few steep descents, and unlike the young guys I use my brakes coming down, LOL.

Rick
04-12-2011, 07:51 AM,
Happy Birthday Rick.:)

Bests
Cèsar
04-12-2011, 10:49 AM,
Hope you had a great day Rick - thanks for all your help and patience over the last year.

Just so you know us Aussies have broken away from our UK Commonwealth colleagues and we are just like the French - completely metric. Now if you are as old as me you remember being taught in 'imperial' and then going through that painful conversion process! The younger generation are not quite so challenged!
04-13-2011, 03:40 AM,
Thanks guys. Strela, no patience needed, thanks for the chance to work with your creation, it was quite enjoyable.

I didn't know the status down in Aussieland, good to learn you all make a logical choice - my comment was directed just at the British - although even that may be off, since you have the UK, the Brits and English that for most Americans are hard to differentiate - but then some here would lump the Aussies and Kiwis together, LOL.

When I was about 19 the US was trying to convert to metric also (and I don't know if that makes me younger or older than yourself!). I could handle the distance and temps fine, but volume/liters were a problem. In the Marines, we were on a road trip through an isolated part of the country, gas stations every 50 miles/80 kms at best. We pulled into one stop and found our govt gas card had been lost. We had to pool our money to buy gas to make it to the next station that I had a credit card for, and I was given the job of guesstimating how much gas, in liters, we needed to make it there. So I did my calcs knowing we needed x gallons, we got the gas and took off only to run out, in a snow storm, about 10 miles short of where we needed to go. I never lived that down and have hated liters ever since, unless it is beer, LOL.
04-13-2011, 05:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-13-2011, 05:21 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
Well it seems strange to me that when both my dad and myself visited the US that on both occasions most people thought we were Aussie's??

Now has no one in the US seen Mel Gibson in a film, i am sure that neither of us sound anything like him? :rolleyes:

Anyway considering the English, Scot's, Welsh and Northern Irish as all the same is the same as saying that all American's and Canadians are the same, guaranteed to get a reaction! LOL :whis:

Long live the old Imperial system of weights and measures, i see no need for the strange system that everyone else uses, fancy dividing everything up into 10's, 100's and 1000's how odd?? :dunno:
04-13-2011, 07:25 AM,
Long live links, rods, chains, and furlongs!

LOL!

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
04-17-2011, 01:58 PM,
Rick,
once again I will toast a freshly tapped, ice cold, Mug of my latest release, which is, of course, Maibock, in your honor! Cheers my friend!!!!cheers
Tom