• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Variable Visibility
04-09-2011, 09:44 AM,
RE: Variable Visibility
Could it be adjusted to +/-1 on only the first player turn and hold there on the second player turn? That would take care of that issue if it were possible. I can certainly understand the point.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2011, 09:49 AM,
(04-09-2011, 09:44 AM)Scud Wrote: Could it be adjusted to +/-1 on only the first player turn and hold there on the second player turn? That would take care of that issue if it were possible. I can certainly understand the point.

Dave

Yes, it most likely will in the 1.05 UPDATE.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
04-09-2011, 09:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-09-2011, 09:54 AM by Otto von Blotto.)
(04-09-2011, 09:44 AM)Scud Wrote: Could it be adjusted to +/-1 on only the first player turn and hold there on the second player turn? That would take care of that issue if it were possible. I can certainly understand the point.

Dave

+1 that would be the way to do it if it is possible and would it certainly get played more by me. cheers
Edit: Jason didn't see your post until this one went through - thanks
04-09-2011, 11:51 AM,
(04-09-2011, 08:47 AM)Otto von Blotto Wrote: I can see and agree with the idea behind it, the changing face of the battle field over time and the smoke and dust of battle so initially thought it would be a be a good idea, but in reality it doesn't work like this.

I wouldn't mind it if as VE and others have mentioned if it only had the potential to change at the end of a whole turn (after both players have played the same turn).

As it stands it can change mid turn so both players playing the same 6 minuets could have different visibility, this can't be right or fair so I as a rule don't play with it.

Smoke on one side of the battlefield would not be smoke over the whole battlefield at once? Nor, would it change all at once.
If they want to get sophisticated and make visibility change around units that fire, units that move, "mirage" haze in the desert, or in the zone of an artillery barrage I am all for it.
But, the change of visibility happening in mid turn and to the entire map at once is just not what I consider "realistic" or correct. VV does not add the "realism" that it was first thought to achieve. More an extra level of annoying fluff. :smoke:

I agree that instead of adding realism it does present more of an insertion of something quite unfair in a "game".
Others may differ, it is optional so take it or leave it. I simply find it quite "out of the scale of the game" and something that can make the game a bit cheesy if it is exploited. I choose to leave it, unless the designer built it into the balance of the scenario. :chin:

cheers

HSL
04-09-2011, 08:06 PM,
(04-09-2011, 11:51 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: Smoke on one side of the battlefield would not be smoke over the whole battlefield at once? Nor, would it change all at once.

HSL

Good well though out reasoning, can't argue with that. cheers but if it was done on an end of turn basis (rather than mid turn) so it was the same for both sides, I would be more willing to give it a go. :smoke: