• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

looking for PBEM player
04-07-2011, 03:57 PM,
RE: looking for PBEM player
seabolt Wrote:I want to recall that Rarity On is a huge potential cheat for player 1. You could keep rebooting setup till you get lucky and get all the units you want, leaving player 2 to the usual Rarity On dog's breakfast. Is that not how it works?
You're right. I never think about cheating in that way. Usually I am "Player 2" Big Grin

Quote:Oof. I'm too out of practice to play a CC On battle in my first outing! It has been three years since I last played SPWaW.
OK, my last SPWaW PBEM was few years ago :) Meanwhile, I play sometimes against Artificial Idiot :)

I am in journey by almost whole day, so I will be "out of range", but you can prepare game (map and your forces as player 1).

(Sorry for my english, I hope I'm articulate sufficiently)
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2011, 10:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-07-2011, 10:32 PM by seabolt.)
(04-07-2011, 01:44 PM)jeffmac_01 Wrote: ENH fr was released last year. Go to the Steel Panthers enhanced forum and you'll find the links there.

I'll do that, thanks.
(04-07-2011, 03:57 PM)Hauer Wrote: I am in journey by almost whole day, so I will be "out of range", but you can prepare game (map and your forces as player 1).

Will do.

(04-07-2011, 03:57 PM)Hauer Wrote: (Sorry for my english, I hope I'm articulate sufficiently)

You're doing great.
04-08-2011, 05:04 AM,
seabolt Wrote:Will do.
Great :)

seabolt Wrote:You're doing great.
Thanks, but I am never sure. I understand almost everything, but I still have problems with talking and writing in english.
04-08-2011, 07:48 PM,
(04-08-2011, 05:04 AM)Hauer Wrote: Thanks, but I am never sure. I understand almost everything, but I still have problems with talking and writing in english.

Dude, you would be above average even among English speaking people :)
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
04-09-2011, 12:03 AM,
Ha, You don't see how slow I am.
04-09-2011, 06:19 AM,
Hey Jeff:

I think I'm finally squared away on Enhanced FR. It was a little squirrelly getting it working on Vista.

I could probably juggle one more battle starting next week, if you're still interested. Let me know what kind of conditions you have in mind, please.
04-09-2011, 06:49 AM,
Surely you will be free next week. And me too. Heh, only few moves and I lost two Łazik and few scouts... with no efect :(
04-09-2011, 07:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-09-2011, 08:19 AM by seabolt.)
(04-09-2011, 06:49 AM)Hauer Wrote: Surely you will be free next week. And me too. Heh, only few moves and I lost two Łazik and few scouts... with no efect :(
Dude, you're the '39 Poles. That's like 4% of your force that I've killed.

Somewhere behind that smoke, about 300 angry men with rifles are lurking ...

EDIT: Ah, OK. I'm buying that Stuka pilot a beer. So there's like 260 kinda scared angry men lurking now ...
04-10-2011, 07:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-12-2011, 01:35 AM by Hauer.)
I think that was Hans-Ulrich Rudel and his first frags :(
Heh, at last my soldiers have shot few nazis.

EDIT: second stuka was not so deadly. And thanks my artillery "Feuerwaltze" one german platoon was broken... what next?
04-12-2011, 08:48 AM,
(04-10-2011, 07:50 PM)Hauer Wrote: what next?

It gets dark early in Eastern Europe this time of year, dude. Take your 3000 46mm mortar rounds and go home! (Oh. Wait. You are home.)

Hauer apparently didn't realize that the battle generated at only 12 turns long. I thought that this old version of Steel Panthers still adds random extra turns to the end of a battle, so I didn't think anything of it when he just began staging his big push on Turn 11.

Then pffft, lights out.

It was really entertaining getting to re-learn SPWaW. I purchased two stock infantry companies and a stock panzer company, because I didn't want to screw with SPWaW's finicky rally rules. Then two offboard 105 batteries and two snipers.

I reorganized each panzer platoon into a mini-company based on Pzr IIs with a single Pzr I and one or two IIIs or IVs attached. I used the Pzr Is as de facto ACs, in which role they were my leading killers. (Go figure.) Their MGs were hella more efficient mopping up broken Poles than the 20mm cannons on the IIs, and SPWaW gunners almost never remember to fire their coaxial MGs ...

I played the first 3 turns before remembering the damn "sixth sense bug"! :rolleyes:

Worst of all, I forgot how often SPWaW artillery goes out of contact. I was way too conservative with my shells. On the other hand, I've always appreciated the morale crushing and accuracy of SPWaW artillery. It makes the battlefield a slippery slope, whereas in SP:WWII you can stick doughty infantry in good cover and they will hold that ground come hell or high water. Your opponent can't move an attacking force close enough to push them off without eating too much friendly fire.

Fun battle. Thanks for accidentally taking it easy on me, Hauer. ;)