• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Digitsl download purchase @ HPS
04-03-2011, 09:20 AM,
Digitsl download purchase @ HPS
I thought I heard this mentioned some time back; does anyone know if HPS is planning to sells its titles by digital download in the future, like John's site currently does? Just curious.
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2011, 12:15 PM,
RE: Digitsl download purchase @ HPS
(04-03-2011, 09:20 AM)Shoopzee Wrote: I thought I heard this mentioned some time back; does anyone know if HPS is planning to sells its titles by digital download in the future, like John's site currently does? Just curious.

I believe HPS is going to begin selling new titles they produce as Digital Downloads. For now at least they have sufficient stock of Discs for the existing games so it will be CDs for previous titles for now.
Send this user an email
04-04-2011, 01:43 AM,
(04-03-2011, 12:15 PM)Glenn Saunders Wrote:
(04-03-2011, 09:20 AM)Shoopzee Wrote: I thought I heard this mentioned some time back; does anyone know if HPS is planning to sells its titles by digital download in the future, like John's site currently does? Just curious.

I believe HPS is going to begin selling new titles they produce as Digital Downloads. For now at least they have sufficient stock of Discs for the existing games so it will be CDs for previous titles for now.

Thanks for the info Glenn, I was a more interested in John's previous titles for purposes of this post. CD's it is then.
04-04-2011, 04:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-04-2011, 04:34 PM by Volcano Man.)
Anyone bought one of these as DD yet? I am curious how they are setup, specifically, are there any ISO images involved? (e.g. do you download an ISO image, then burn that to a disc, then install?)
Send this user an email
04-04-2011, 11:15 PM,
Do you mean the John Tiller Software versions, VM? I have, I believe they are standard exe installs (setup.exe maybe?), from what I recall - Mius would tell as I think it is the same as the purchased games.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
04-05-2011, 03:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-05-2011, 03:44 AM by larsonney.)
I have bought both titles...Rick is correct...you download, save on desktop as an executable file & double click to happiness...
04-05-2011, 04:37 AM,
No, I don't mean JTS download, I know how that works. I am talking about HPS' digital download. However, I see that this thread was asking on whether or not HPS will offer DD, not that they had it available at the present time, so disregard my question. :eek1:
Send this user an email
04-05-2011, 05:50 AM,
That is what threw me, they don't have it at all yet so I was a bit confused myself, LOL, an easy thing to do these days!! I figured you already knew how the JTS download worked, but...

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
04-05-2011, 07:46 AM,
I see Greek Wars is available as Digital...
04-05-2011, 09:30 AM,
From my perspective, it currently appears that HPS is going to just offer DD for their own in-house games, not any John Tiller HPS games.