• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Subscription?
03-29-2011, 08:05 AM,
Subscription?
I am NOT a techie, but have noticed the increasing internet trend of subscribing to, or following, websites. What are the chances that the Blitz will ever allow us to receive notifications of new posts in one or more of its forums?

(btw, it's been a long time since I've received any emails from the Blitz regarding either posts to threads to which I had subscribed or game reports...)
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2011, 09:26 AM,
RE: Subscription?
(03-29-2011, 08:05 AM)Liebchen Wrote: (btw, it's been a long time since I've received any emails from the Blitz regarding either posts to threads to which I had subscribed or game reports...)

I still get them...once I subscribe. I have found that if I post a second reply without subscribing again, I don't get notification...

Jon
03-29-2011, 01:54 PM,
RE: Subscription?
There has always been a subscribe feature for years here at the blitz. There are two types of subscriptions.

One is to subscribe to the forum which is located under the "New Thread" button on the right above the list of threads when you first enter a forum.
This feature will send a notice to you every time there is a new thread posted.

The other is subscribing to a thread, which might be what larsonney is describing. I find individual thread subscriptions less useful personally, because all the recent threads with unread posts are already tagged when I return to a forum I have visited before. This automatic tracking makes subscriptions to threads unnecessary, IMHO.

To enable receiving your subscription messages, be sure you turn on the "Receive emails from the Administrators." in your User CP. This is the control panel for the forums at the top of every forum page. Navigate in your forum profile to "edit options" to check the box to receive forum notices.

To address your other concern of not receiving game result notices not related to the forums like game results notices, navigate to your blitz site Control Panel (upper right hand corner). In the control panel click on "My Options" then "Change Options". Scroll down to the last item in the "Preferences" section and enable the "Receive emails" check box.

If you have these setting already and are still not receiving system notices, then check your ISP or your email program for theblitz.club going to your spam folder. If you have a white list on your email add theblitz.club to that white list.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp