• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Some problem with snapshot...
03-28-2011, 04:25 AM,
Some problem with snapshot...
I think there are some problems with snapshot function of Kharkhov '43 and Tunisia '43. When i try to take a snapshot of low side of the map, do not display what i see on the monitor but a black part and only little part of the map. The side "north" of the map, instead, is correct.

What is the problem? With other titles of the series there is no problem.

This function, for me, its very useful and funny for planning actions, maneuvers of units (Divisons, Brigades, ecc.)

Thank you for attention.

Greetings to all from Italy
Sasha
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-2011, 05:55 AM,
RE: Some problem with snapshot...
If you want a quick answer, I think it best to post the shot you got.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
03-28-2011, 06:31 AM,

.gif   sud.gif (Size: 63.13 KB / Downloads: 96)
(03-28-2011, 05:55 AM)Dog Soldier Wrote: If you want a quick answer, I think it best to post the shot you got.

Dog Soldier

Correct...

.gif   sud.gif (Size: 63.13 KB / Downloads: 96)
Sasha
03-28-2011, 08:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-29-2011, 02:33 PM by -72-.)
I get something slightly different.

I did one with the Getting Started Map - one that my monitor can show the entire map; it worked without issue.

I then did one where it had to scroll, and got a black screen. So, I'll drop the support a line and point them to this link.

Usually I don't use the snapshot fuction- but the print screen then paste to Paint method (since most of the other series don't have the Snapshot function).

____

Edited ( took off a double posting -- never done that within a post itself- I must be getting old :P ...

But anyways, logically, if the snapshot fuction is doing something in Tunisia, and is reported to do it in Kharkov 43, then my guesstimate was that it would also behave similarly in anything updated since those 2 titles came out. So with that in mind, I took a snapshot in the latest Kursk ( in a scenario that had a map that would scroll). With the same results. A solid black bmp.

-I did drop a line to Rich over at the Support email. So they are aware of it.

Edit: It seems to make a slight difference if it is in 2d zoom in or zoom out mode- still no screenshot gets generated, but a slightly different result in that I got a screenshot of the info area with the unit info/portraits. It looks similar to the above posted screenshots -and sent all that over as well (I did find that the SB title Modern War was having this issue as well). It was interesting though that when my screen was able to show the entire map without scrolling that it worked without any issue.

But anyways... I'm sure it'll get sorted out. :)
Bydand
Send this user an email
03-29-2011, 01:31 PM,
I see now. Same result in Mius 43 also.

I tried using the jump map instead of scrolling. That make no difference. Solid black image.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
05-09-2011, 07:57 AM,
Can you guys provide some OS, video driver, etc. info to me at [email protected] please? Neither I nor Glenn can recreate this, but a few people have commented on it.
05-09-2011, 09:58 PM,
(05-09-2011, 07:57 AM)rahamy Wrote: Can you guys provide some OS, video driver, etc. info to me at [email protected] please? Neither I nor Glenn can recreate this, but a few people have commented on it.

Vista 64 bit
Nvidia GeForce GT 120 (with last drivers)

Ciao
Sasha
05-09-2011, 11:32 PM,
He asked that it be emailed - Glenn will probably see it soon but Rich is not here as often, so please email to [email protected], thanks!

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
05-10-2011, 12:48 AM,
Not having any of the JTSoftware games apart from the Mius demo I'm a bit at sea on this one. Is there a separate command for taking snapshots, or is something just interfering with the print screen function?

My PrintScreen button has always worked pretty well on other games, and, at first blush, developing a whole routine for taking screenshots would seem like a reduplication of a feature that is already inherent in most if not all computers. Or at least, on all Windows XP computers. Why waste time and effort writing a program for something that isn't needed because it already exists?

Could someone enlighten me on exactly what is going on here? Is this another reason not to let them replace my XP machine with a later model? I'm already terrified that the units on the 2D screen will vanish into microdots when I buy a new monitor.
History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.
05-10-2011, 03:56 AM,
(05-09-2011, 11:32 PM)Ricky B Wrote: He asked that it be emailed - Glenn will probably see it soon but Rich is not here as often, so please email to [email protected], thanks!

Rick

I have written previously to support of JTS.

Ciao
Sasha