• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Experiences with the game
03-24-2011, 07:46 AM,
Experiences with the game
So, I grabbed my credit card and am considering buying this game. So I thought it a good idea to ask you guys opinion of the game.

Back in the days when I still played boardgames (before I found out about the blitz and started playing PzC/MC) I absolutely loved games on the divisional scale and I am wondering if this game is as good as it looks. Having read a view reviews I am also a bit apprehensive. My main curiosity is the following:

- How important is micro managing? I have read about tons of options for micro managing, even as far as checking how many rounds of ammo your infantry squads have left... I don't want to spend my game time bogged down in organizing logistics.

- In pbem play, do both players get to decide how much micro managing they are going to do each? Or do you agree on a level of micro managing for both players?

- How finished is the game? Are there annoying bugs/faults? Or is it a polished game with some minor room for refinement?

- Does the game have the same realistic feel as PzC/MC? (which is without a doubt the best series I have ever played thus far)

- What are your guys' good and bad impressions thus far?

Edit: where is a TheBlitz coupon code to get a discount yo! :)
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2011, 12:27 PM,
RE: Experiences with the game
I would say the game is quite polished.

Micromanaging? I do not really do that...do like changeing commanders thought!

I grew up with the old S&T wargames in the 1970s.

I am certainly and completely pleased I bought War in the East...having great fun...and the Slitherine system for PBEM games is pretty cool.
Quote this message in a reply