• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Grigsby - War in the East; worth time and money?
03-25-2011, 07:42 PM,
RE: Grigsby - War in the East; worth time and money?
Grigsbys WITE is the only game outside of a PzC/MC that I have purchased in nearly 10 years, and I have to say that overall I am very dissappointed.
Firstly and most importantly, you most definately need a very good spec PC to get the thing to run at a reasonable speed (which is at odds with some of the marketing I read prior); however, the manual is very comprehensive if a little badly written in places, and the game without a doubt looks awesome initially...but I find the interface clumsy (compared to JTs stuff), and despite investing in extra RAM etc - I have found that the AI is slow even with minimum parameters set, and the AI play does'nt show sufficient detail even with FOW Off
I have also found that the Map colours used during Mud turns to be very distracting.
It is clearly a massive project, an ongoing work in progress, and was eagerly awaited; but, and it might just be me being typically grumpy when things dont work as promised, IMO this definately overpromises and underdelivers.
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2011, 10:46 PM,
Hadge,

If you post your problems on the Tech Forum they will help you with the speed issues, etc. I posted my specs and Pavel was quite helpful. You can diable the sound function and show mvt, etc and it may work quite well.

There are a few interface pecularities, but really once you get the hang of it, it becomes second nature.

The game is so deep that I am not sure that the blizzard is really broken; I am rereading Glanz and the ebtire AGC has 55 tanks left organized into one brigade for the assault on Tula...even before the blizzard and Soviet counter attack.

Marquo :)
03-31-2011, 11:47 PM,
I have only played the Smolensk scenario as Axis, found it hard to get a victory in the 10 turns alowed. Apart from that it looks a good a game and feels more like a TOAW upgrade .