• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario error: Duplicate unit in scenario
04-18-2011, 05:56 AM,
Scenario error: Duplicate unit in scenario
I get that error after opening a scenario that i'm working on. What's the cause? Is there a way to fix it without having to start reworking the whole scenario again?
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2011, 01:33 PM,
RE: Scenario error: Duplicate unit in scenario
You have some how put the same unit twice into a scenario. This can happen if you text edit a scenario rather than use pcedit.

It should give you a message of what unit is duplicated. If you are still struggling with sorting this out, let me know and I maybe able to fix it for you.

No need to rework the whole scenario...
04-18-2011, 02:15 PM,
Right. Also, the most likely event that this happened is that you were playing around with Strategy | Operations because doing so will allow you place the same unit multiple times.
Send this user an email
04-18-2011, 05:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-19-2011, 04:44 PM by P.Ako.)
Ok, i attach it. It's for MC, for Korea.
04-18-2011, 09:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-18-2011, 09:52 PM by Volcano Man.)
Well, I was answering your question on how a duplicate might have gotten there. I am a bit busy to check/fix your scenario.

It is pretty easy though, if it says there is a duplicate unit then delete the unit that it says is duplicate.
Send this user an email
04-19-2011, 07:22 AM,
(04-18-2011, 05:32 PM)P.Ako Wrote: Ok, i attach it. It's for MC, for Korea.

Your ZIP has no PDT so the scn won't open

Not sure if the other files are correct or not but the OOB file only 200 allied units and not many of the NKs - so I am not sure if this is teh right file.

Furthermore, as someone else said - the duplicate units this is a easy thing to have happen when you are inexperienced with the Strategy Operations feature - but this scn attached has none.

Anyway - I am not 100% sure of the other parts because I haven't been able to open the scn as I don't have a K85 install here at work
Send this user an email
04-19-2011, 04:41 PM,
Glenn Saunders Wrote:Not sure if the other files are correct or not but the OOB file only 200 allied units and not many of the NKs - so I am not sure if this is teh right file.

That's simply because when i finish a corps, i place them on the map., the oob file is not finished yet.

Anyway, and fortunately, i located the duplicated units (thanks to the scenario editor) and by looking at their IDs in the oob editor i have been able to locate the duplicate units, removing, and fixing the scenario...

Thanks for your support guys.