• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

MapMod for Tunisia '43 and more
03-21-2011, 11:13 PM,
RE: MapMod for Tunisia '43 and more
What are the main differences between this mod and stock?

Looking at screenshots the modded map gives a very modern feel, whereas I actually enjoy the tabletop/staff map feel of the stock map (enhanced with VM art and some modified unitboxes).

My main problem with the stock map is that riverlines/fords/obstacles are sometimes obscured from the eye, but I usually contribute that to my own laziness.
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2011, 12:08 AM,
(03-21-2011, 11:13 PM)Aditia Wrote: What are the main differences between this mod and stock?

Looking at screenshots the modded map gives a very modern feel, whereas I actually enjoy the tabletop/staff map feel of the stock map (enhanced with VM art and some modified unitboxes).

My main problem with the stock map is that riverlines/fords/obstacles are sometimes obscured from the eye, but I usually contribute that to my own laziness.

The differences are in the visuals only - the mod never ever add, remove or alter anything else but artwork - and if you check out the 'Map Legend' on the MapMod site you will find all the info you need. It is just an alternative look for these games, nothing more, nothing less, and the mod is in no way mandatory... :-)

Jison
Send this user an email
03-22-2011, 02:55 AM,
(03-22-2011, 12:08 AM)Jison Wrote: The differences are in the visuals only - the mod never ever add, remove or alter anything else but artwork - and if you check out the 'Map Legend' on the MapMod site you will find all the info you need. It is just an alternative look for these games, nothing more, nothing less, and the mod is in no way mandatory... :-)
Fiery

....but it sure looks nice - I have to say!
Send this user an email
03-22-2011, 03:27 AM,
Jison, how do you get the image to appear in the text rather than as an attachment? I've asked about this a few times but it seems to be something only for the closely bound initiates. jonny :cheeky:
03-22-2011, 04:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-22-2011, 04:52 AM by Ricky B.)
I don't know where you have asked jonny - it is such a closely guarded secret that there are some permanent links on the site on how to insert pics for those that want to do so :). I will dig on up and post it for you.

https://www.theblitz.club/announcements/...les/aid=10

Rick

(This is a permanent announcement at the top of the Blitz page under Announcements, and I believe is in other spots - hidden by the initiates in plain site, LOL).
[Image: exercise.png]
03-22-2011, 05:17 AM,
Thanks again Jison. Your contribution to this series is really appreciated!:)
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
03-22-2011, 10:59 AM,
There's no accounting for taste... I like the stock maps, with a little mod I found on Glenn's site for rivers and streams.
03-22-2011, 11:19 AM,
(03-22-2011, 10:59 AM)Jazman Wrote: There's no accounting for taste... I like the stock maps, with a little mod I found on Glenn's site for rivers and streams.

hmm, what mod is that?
03-22-2011, 02:11 PM,
(This is a permanent announcement at the top of the Blitz page under Announcements, and I believe is in other spots - hidden by the initiates in plain site, LOL).

But my dear Garde de la Tiolette, the initiates always hide their secrets in plain sight, which makes them all the more secretive and difficult to discern. jonny:rolleyes:
03-22-2011, 06:11 PM,
In case anyone is interested, I have a full-sized version of his latest mod (as used in Tobruk '41 posted).

[Image: jison_t41.gif]

The fullsized image is available at:

http://gallery.hist-sdc.com/main.php?g2_...ewsIndex=1

Why T41? and why 2d zoomout? I wanted to whip one up fairly quickly ( it turned out I whipped up 2 quickly, as I forgot that I had not updated T41 when Jison updated his graphic package ... (resulting in a before and after image on that gallery).
Bydand
Send this user an email