• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

MapMod for Tunisia '43 and more
03-23-2011, 12:10 AM,
RE: MapMod for Tunisia '43 and more
(03-22-2011, 06:11 PM)trauth116 Wrote: In case anyone is interested, I have a full-sized version of his latest mod (as used in Tobruk '41 posted).

[Image: jison_t41.gif]

The fullsized image is available at:

http://gallery.hist-sdc.com/main.php?g2_...ewsIndex=1

Why T41? and why 2d zoomout? I wanted to whip one up fairly quickly ( it turned out I whipped up 2 quickly, as I forgot that I had not updated T41 when Jison updated his graphic package ... (resulting in a before and after image on that gallery).

I would love to print one of these out in big format, put it on the wall above the PC and plan my next brilliant offensive on it with little needles and such - but just imagine the look from the wife if I did. :eek1: She thinks I am crazy enough as it is... Big Grin

Jison
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2011, 12:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-23-2011, 12:54 AM by Ricky B.)
Ah, before the wife came along and I could live a free and simple life, I mounted the 6 map sections for Fire in the East/Scorched Earth (a very large German-Soviet campaign for those that never heard of it) on a wall in my spare bedroom, and used modeling clay to attach the units to the map in stacks - something like 4800 total counters if I remember correctly, although probably only 1500 on map at any one time. I don't think I could get away with it now, but it sure worked well, easy to reach the entire map as opposed to having it on a table as now.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
03-23-2011, 08:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-23-2011, 05:00 PM by -72-.)
Ahh yes, that one -- I also had the Urals mod (and wished they would have completed the Caspian coast (or at least to the Soviet-Iranian border)...

my Dad and I build a particle board false wall for my basement - only thing is that the basement was such that I could only fit it in with the north pointing off to the side.... I wished I had a proper camera back in the day - I don't think that I ever set it up either -but had the maps posted.

But, anyways - I will try to get out some more 2d zoom out maps using Jison's material (I imagine I might have a couple today - probably Normandy, and Market-Garden for sure... we'll see what else.). I'll save the 2d zoom in for a little later (I'd done a few maps using over 100 1893 x 930 px screenshots) -so recently), so I should be able to get quite a few done.

As an aside, I told R Hamilton that I would like to print out screenshots for Smolensk 41 (this was a long time ago), convert them to about typical boardgame hexsize scale, and then tape them all together and photo them -I still have that in the back of my mind (although to give you an idea of the scale of my "project backburner" I did say that to him about 2003 I think -so it is all relative, isn't it? Big Grin )

Edit: Decided to add an album for these on that Gallery area:

http://gallery.hist-sdc.com/main.php?g2_itemId=2534
Bydand
Send this user an email
03-23-2011, 10:26 AM,
(03-22-2011, 11:19 AM)Aditia Wrote:
(03-22-2011, 10:59 AM)Jazman Wrote: There's no accounting for taste... I like the stock maps, with a little mod I found on Glenn's site for rivers and streams.

hmm, what mod is that?

I think it's one of these.

http://members.shaw.ca/gcsaunders/downlo...rrain.html

It's probably this one:

http://fly.hiwaay.net/~tiller/glenn/PzC_...Update.zip

It's got bridges that are different than the old stock, but I liked the rivers and streams in there, and I've copied the river, stream, and canal parts over the most recent Kharkov '43 file (and I modded the canal edges on mine a bit to make the canal stand out better, but that's not in here).
03-24-2011, 12:20 AM,
Thanks Jison, when i purchase T43 your Mod will be a must!! :bow:
03-24-2011, 06:21 AM,
(03-24-2011, 12:20 AM)Foul. Wrote: Thanks Jison, when i purchase T43 your Mod will be a must!! :bow:

I would think the master himself would get "comped" a copy...should be a perk of the job! Big Grin
04-02-2011, 02:56 AM,
In kind of a hurry so I just copied this straight from the site - forgive my laziness...

"MapMod for all Panzer Campaign titles, plus both versions for France '14, have been updated as follows:

I managed to introduce an unforeseen side effect in the last update - railroads and roads was all but impossible to see in larger cities. It should be a little bit easier to trace a route through these now.

And bound by an earlier promise, I have also adjusted the color of the Luftwaffe unit counter."

http://www.hist-sdc.com/MapMod/index.htm

Have a nice weekend, guys! ;)

Jison
Send this user an email
04-03-2011, 01:12 AM,
Thanks for the hard work Map Mod is now a must with my games
cheersGordon