• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for strong opponents winSPWW2 v4.5 and winSPMBT v5.5
01-29-2012, 07:54 PM,
RE: Looking for strong opponents winSPWW2 v4.5 and winSPMBT v5.5
(01-29-2012, 02:32 PM)Leo Wrote: Still one more opponent necessary to PBEM game...
Who can punish mine SS battalions? MG

Still needing another player?

I could be your opponent,if you are willing to use those shiny nazi's againist the poles.

I'd perfer no more than 2K pts.and 5% arty though.
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2012, 09:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2012, 06:26 AM by Leo.)
Gila
Yes, I'm ready to fight with your army! Which year and month you wish? Who will create a game and choose a map? I may...

My detalized offering, for example:

winSPWW2 v4.5
All realism preferences - ON
Player preferences - 100% (troop quality - XXX)
Fast Artillery Off
Medium map 80x100 or 100х100
July 1944
2000 battle points
Meeting engagement
Me - Germany
You - Poland or LWP? (If I inderstood "poles" correctly...)
Artillery 5% limit (100 points max.)
Air sorties - 1
Allied/Captured equipment are allowed, but no more than 10% (200 points max.)
Avia/artillery bombarding on turn "zero" are forbidden (excepting smoke screen statement)
V-hexes are disabled (i.e.free hunting)
40 visibility
28 turns

Your opinion?
01-30-2012, 07:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2012, 07:38 AM by Gila.)
(01-29-2012, 09:02 PM)Leo Wrote: Gila
Yes, I'm ready to fight with your army! Which year and month you wish? Who will create a game and choose a map? I may...

My detalized offering, for example:

winSPWW2 v4.5
All realism preferences - ON
Player preferences - 100% (troop quality - XXX)
Fast Artillery Off
Medium map 80x100 or 100х100
July 1944
2000 battle points
Meeting engagement
Me - Germany
You - Poland or LWP? (If I inderstood "poles" correctly...)
Artillery 5% limit (100 points max.)
Air sorties - 1
Allied/Captured equipment are allowed, but no more than 10% (200 points max.)
Avia/artillery bombarding on turn "zero" are forbidden (excepting smoke screen statement)
V-hexes are disabled (i.e.free hunting)
40 visibility
28 turns

Your opinion?

Hi Leo,

All sounds good,
But i'd like to have a "no excessive z-fire" rule, also a slightly smaller map,say 70X80 perhaps?.

You can set up the battle,circa Sept. '39.

My EM is correct and current in the members list.

Edit} btw i have the cd, just don't use slot 0 or 6,(-;

Ron

01-30-2012, 10:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2012, 10:47 AM by Leo.)
Gila
I don't accept the "no excessive z-fire" rule. I want to have possibility "use z-fire" always, when the combat situation requires it.
01-30-2012, 02:29 PM,
We're playing a battle with Leo and 60 or 70% of his shots is with Z. :)
01-30-2012, 08:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2012, 08:52 PM by Leo.)
roman
You intensively use Z-fire too, not only I...

All gamers plays by those rules on which he agrees. If to you restriction of Z-fire is important, it was necessary to speak IN ADVANCE about it, as Gila.

BTW, Z-fire (not-aim fire) was very often used in all real battles for suppress and even destroy enemy troops. Rifles, SMG's, BMG's, grenades, especially MG's and various artillery systems was used for it. Plays without Z-fire is unrealistic.

(03-02-2011, 04:19 AM)oldrocky Wrote: Re Z fire : Recon by fire and suppressive fire have been doctrine for decades. I feel that the way it is represented in SPWW2/MBT is very accurate. I've seen posts complaining that Z fire will hit troops behind buildings but it does happen. There are ricochets, bullets bouncing and spinning off in all directions, not to mention the use of arcing fire by direct fire weapons which is a certain talent in itself and very effective when executed by a soldier who is adept at the technique.
01-31-2012, 07:03 AM,

(03-02-2011, 04:19 AM)oldrocky Wrote: Re Z fire : Recon by fire and suppressive fire have been doctrine for decades. I feel that the way it is represented in SPWW2/MBT is very accurate. I've seen posts complaining that Z fire will hit troops behind buildings but it does happen. There are ricochets, bullets bouncing and spinning off in all directions, not to mention the use of arcing fire by direct fire weapons which is a certain talent in itself and very effective when executed by a soldier who is adept at the technique.
[/quote]

Also might i add regarding Z fire going through buildings/trees etc: Each hex represents 50 meters of terrain and although there may be buildings/trees in the hex the ability for Z fire weapons to fire through said hex's represents the size/density of buildings/trees in a particular hex. Some hex's won't allow Z fire to pass through because of the density of trees/buildings in that particular hex while other building/tree hex's will allow Z fire to pass through. This means there are less buildings/trees in a particular hex.
If a player had to be concerned with ammo resupply then he would be less likely to use Z fire extensively. Soon I will offer to the Blitz SP ladder my solution to this issue.
01-31-2012, 10:09 AM,
(01-30-2012, 08:15 PM)Leo Wrote: roman
You intensively use Z-fire too, not only I...

All gamers plays by those rules on which he agrees. If to you restriction of Z-fire is important, it was necessary to speak IN ADVANCE about it, as Gila.

BTW, Z-fire (not-aim fire) was very often used in all real battles for suppress and even destroy enemy troops. Rifles, SMG's, BMG's, grenades, especially MG's and various artillery systems was used for it. Plays without Z-fire is unrealistic.

I've played with several players included Oldrocky and have not used both z. But as you say. The rules are laid before and do not talk about the use of z. I always use z but measurably. With you I'm using too much because I had to respond to its shape. If a new battle I know its modality.
01-31-2012, 05:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-31-2012, 05:11 PM by Leo.)
roman
Anyway, everyone plays how it is pleasant to them. If for you some restrictions of Z-fire are important - will stipulate them in advance. Is it difficult? For example, stipulating rule of "5-10 % artillery limit" and it is OK, and nobody complain...

01-31-2012, 11:04 PM,
(01-31-2012, 05:07 PM)Leo Wrote: roman
Anyway, everyone plays how it is pleasant to them. If for you some restrictions of Z-fire are important - will stipulate them in advance. Is it difficult? For example, stipulating rule of "5-10 % artillery limit" and it is OK, and nobody complain...

Never mind. I will adapt to his game.